Wednesday, August 8, 2007

My new job, my good husband

Well, I made it through my first day of work! I got a long tour of the library and met a whole lot of people whose names I won't learn for a long time, filled out paperwork, went to a meeting about benefits (I get free health and life insurance!), and started learning how to catalog books. Everyone who I share the office with (I have my own desk and everything!) seems really nice, so that's really encouraging.

Unfortunately, the database that the library uses for much of its catalog and such was down for most of the day! They got it fixed by the time I got back from lunch and I got to start learning.

There's SO MUCH for me to learn! The programs I'm working with are comprised of data fields that are labeled with numbers or letters, so you have to know what each one means... and there are a lot! I'll spare you the details, but I'll just reiterate... I have a lot to learn!

But luckily I have a wonderful husband here for me! He got up and made me eggs for breakfast this morning, heated up my leftovers for lunch for me, made dinner, and, best of all, when I came home at the end of the day there was a beautiful orchid plant waiting for me on the kitchen table! He stopped at a flower shop after running some errands this afternoon and even learned how to care for them. What a wonderful surprise!!!


I've got to get up and do it all again tomorrow, so I'm off to bed pretty soon.

Goodnight, goodnight.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Your job sounds great! It should be a challenge for you and that is a good thing! You probably won't get bored soon.

What a wonderful husband! We all knew that already but he gets an A++ for the day! Hurrah for Nathan!

Beautiful orchid! Wish I could grow them!

We haven't written or called because our computer, Internet, and telephone have all gone wonky! We are using a "loaner" computer from Ben and today the telephone repairman came. Hopefully all is fixed!

Love ~ Mom