Friday, December 5, 2008

Still Alive

Hi there, neglected blog readers! I thought I'd post a quick update on what we're up to.

Pictures are coming from the Hallogivingmas party, our trip to South Carolina, and Thanksgiving. I tend to feel overwhelmed when I have a big batch of pictures to post so I put it off, and this time three batches of pictures happened to come all together so I'm triple overwhelmed, so it may be some time before you get to see them. I'm making my goal to get them done before Christmas.

News on my job situation: I'm back to working part time for my former employers. Their new nanny is moving away, so they needed someone again, and since my job search has been spectacularly unfruitful I accepted the position when they offered it to me. It's much better than nothing! I have an interview for an additional nanny job Monday (it was supposed to be today, but the dad is sick) which I could work from 9-1:30, then go to my current job from 2-5. The only "negative" is that the new folks would need me to work two nights a week from 6-9 which I'm not too keen on, but I think it'd just have to be a sacrifice I'd have to make.

I'm in our church's Christmas play this year. It's really music heavy- most of it is the choir singing (they do a good job), but in between there are scenes from a skit, which is the part I'm in. I guess you could say I'm the main character, but I don't actually have all that many lines. Anyway, if you're interested it's at Hillcrest at 7pm on December 13 and 14. It should be good!

Christmas is in 20 days! WOW! I'm excited for Christmas this year, but I can't believe how fast it's coming up on us! Unfortunately, Nathan has to work Christmas Eve, and we don't know whether he has the 26th off yet (I hope so!). Anyway, it should be a great Christmas!

2 comments:

becca said...

I'm glad you have that part time job now, and I hope the other works out for you.

And Yay for being in the play. Very fun.

Anonymous said...

Kayla and Dayna have the leads in our Christmas play at church too. Ryan has 2 lines, but he has that low...perfect-for-hearing-aids- voice, so they are 2 good lines.

Good luck with the new job!

Love ya, Dee