Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Southview, Chapter 1

Today was my first prenatal appointment! I'm having everything done at the same place, Southview Hospital (which is right by the mall... for those who know where that is). I managed to get very lost on the trip there (the hospital is really easy to get to... I just made a wrong turn. Twice.), and once I got there I couldn't find the right building so I arrived at least 15 minutes late. That was extremely stressful. Thankfully they were still able to see me right away!

I did a bunch of paperwork, peed in a cup, was weighed, had my blood pressure taken, and got a packet of pregnancy information to read. Then I went over to the main hospital to get lab work done. I had to register at the hospital first (found out that we'll probably get 60% financial assistance if my income guestimations were correct!), then peed in another cup and had SIX vials of blood drawn. Luckily I'm good at peeing and bleeding.

So that appointment was obviously not terribly exciting (besides the getting lost part), but my next appointment is on the 24th and I get to be poked, prodded, etc. I am excited about it though, because we should get to hear the baby's heartbeat :) Our only ultrasound will be at 20 weeks.

4 comments:

becca said...

Wow, you'll get to hear the baby's heartbeat soon! That's so exciting.

Amy V said...

YAY! :) I'm glad your appointment seems to have gone well :) Now you know how to get there.
HEARTBEAT! :) I wonder if you can record it and share with the world... :)

Amanda said...

I love how you typed "peed in a cup"....lol...its funny to see the typed word peed....lol...maybe Im just immature...lol...glad it went ok :) by the way...my morning/DAY sickness is in full go!...ick!

Rachel said...

Haha, I think "peed in a cup" is much more fun and descriptive than "gave a urine sample." Maybe I'm immature too ;)

Aww, sorry about the morning/whenever sickness!! That's sad. I'm a lucky duck.