Friday, November 27, 2009

Thanksgiving, and 1 Week Old Orion

What do you mean I don't get to eat turkey?!

Yesterday was Thanksgiving, and also the one week-a-versary of Orion's birth! Time is already flying by... I can't believe he's a week old already. He's already had lots of adventures. Yesterday we traveled three hours to Caldwell, OH to Nathan's Uncle Wendell's house (per tradition), which is a farm on a dirt road smack dab in the middle of nowhere. It's awesome.

Snuggling with my boy by the fire.

We hiked all the way up a big hill to the cabin Uncle Wendell built. Orion spent the trip snuggled in our coats... I think he slept the whole time.

Awwww...

For more Thanksgiving pictures, see Nathan's Facebook album.

Today we went Black Friday shopping. We didn't get up early or anything, but Orion had his first shopping trip- he took it like a champ. And I've already gotten over any inhibitions I may have had about nursing in public... while shopping...

And we left him home with his grandparents and aunts and uncle for a little over an hour today. I cried. That's not happening again any time soon.

Orion and I are both doing great. Healthy and happy (unless he's hungry 10 minutes after a feeding, which makes both of us unhappy). He has even been sleeping great at night the last couple nights... I have to wake HIM up to eat sometimes! I've got plenty of stitches that need to hurry up and heal and my hormones are making me ridiculously emotional, but besides that we're in tip-top shape. I've even lost 20 pounds already. Yay! :)

I'll write the story of his birth soon... we have had a busy busy week with family and friends visiting, but things should quiet down after this weekend. I hope you all had a great Thanksgiving! I know what I'm thankful for :)

3 comments:

Melanie said...

That first pic cracks me up!!! HaHa!!! It sounds like you guys are adjusting really well so far, out and about so much already!! That is great! He's adorable!!

Unknown said...

We've been enjoying the photos on Facebook. Really nice. Looks like you're making good use of the sweater, plus it looks great on you. I'm a bit surprised you took him shopping. Not VERY, just a bit. I always took you guys everywhere as well. So happy things are going so well. We think Orion looks different already. Babies change so fast; nearly as fast as their diapers.

Katie said...

love the pictures, looks like you had a great thanksgiving!