Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Christmas 2009


We had a really nice Christmas this year! It started with Christmas Eve at the Singers' house for our annual pajama party where we all played games and ate tasty food and just enjoyed each other's company. When we got home we read Cosmic Christmas by Max Lucado (a Lambes tradition... this year we took turns reading aloud) and each opened one gift. I got to open a special one from Nathan- he sent me on a scavenger hunt around the house, and at the end I got a beautiful ring with Orion's birth stone in it :)


Christmas morning we all had fun opening Christmas presents, and we had a delicious lunch together. Nathan and I left shortly afterward and had a fairly uneventful drive up to my parents' house.

When we arrived we had dinner with my immediate family, plus my mom's family. It was really nice to see everyone, and I was especially excited for my grandma to meet her first great-grandchild. My grandma had a few gifts for us to open, then after our guests left our family opened all our gifts. I got a small digital camera (my other one is really big- I wanted something I could keep with me all the time) with which I took these pictures :)

Since then we've been doing copious amounts of relaxing, eating yummy food, and playing games. It has been a really nice and relaxing week! Except the fact that I've had a mysterious outbreak of hives for the past three days...?! Hives are especially annoying because it's almost impossible to figure out what caused them.

Thursday we're heading up to Michigan to celebrate the New Year with our friends and will be there all weekend. Sunday we head home, and Monday Nathan starts work again and his parents and sisters travel to Louisiana to see Jon, Emiley, and Ellie. Hello, real world! It will be really weird to spend most of the day alone with Orion.

Anyway, here are some pictures of our time at my parents' house!

My dad hanging out with Orion on the floor. Dad has held Orion more than I have this week ;)

Mom, Orion, and George. She's very popular!

Andy had never held a baby before, but he's doing a good job! Just needs some more bonding time with his nephew.

OK, now this was funny. Orion woke up early one morning and wouldn't go back to sleep, so I took him to bed with me hoping he would snuggle and go back to sleep. No go. So Nathan put him on the bed while he got up to get dressed so he could take Orion downstairs with him. But as soon as Nathan put him down Orion went right to sleep! So Orion slept in Nathan's spot for a couple more hours and then got fussy again. I got out of bed, and as soon as I did he went to sleep again! I guess he just wanted the big bed all to himself!

My favorite recent picture. Looks like he's about to punch the camera!

Orion with his Great-Grandma Guilford

My family this Christmas.

I hope you all had great Christmases too. Don't forget the baby who started it all :)

1 comment:

Katie said...

great pictures with your family, looks/sounds like you all had a great christmas :-)