Saturday, February 27, 2010

Holy fitness, Batman!

I just ran a mile!!! For the first time ever! I've seriously never run a mile without stopping/walking before in my whole life. I am so excited. It actually went great- I didn't feel bad and I was even able to talk some while I was running which is unusual for me. I'm proud :)

Oh, and while I was running I told Nathan I wanted a water bottle that I could squirt in my mouth while I was running... a pretty one... and told myself if I finished I could get one. Haha! Me and my crazy motivation tactics. Hey, if it works... and now I get a pretty new water bottle! Yaaay! :P

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow! Good job! Get a really pretty bottle! You deserve it! Congratulations!!

Sadie VK said...

Woohoo! I'm so proud of you! I totally understand what a major accomplishment that is. I couldn't even do the mile run in high school without walking - and I was tiny back then. Haha. Have fun picking out your pretty bottle. :-)

Michelle P said...

Way to go! It's so good to find ways to motivate yourself! And since it's going to be warmer soon, you'll be able to run outside..I like that so much more!!

Adrienne Redfox said...

Very proud to hear darlin'! Way to grab life by the horns! You are going to be unstoppable if you keep this up. Make sure you spoil yourself a little with that pretty bottle and maybe you will make it a mile and a half here very soon!