Monday, March 15, 2010

I think I'm turning Japanese

Orion with Rachel H, his new girlfriend

Sorry about the lack of posts lately! I feel like we've been busy... then again, that could just be me making excuses ;)

This weekend we had visitors! Our friend Rachel H. was home for a few weeks after a long stint teaching English in Japan (she's going back on Wednesday) and wanted to meet Orion! Our friends Ben and Jennifer came too! It was so nice to see them and we had lots of fun. We went to Ikea, had a bonfire, played Settlers of Catan, ate good food, and just enjoyed each other's company. It was great.

The not great part was that I got sick while they were here! I started feeling a cold coming on while we were at Ikea on Friday, and by Saturday night I was so dizzy I could hardly walk without falling over, couldn't think straight, and had a fever of 101 degrees! Thankfully it only lasted a few hours and I was just left with a plain old nasty cold on Sunday. It was just a bummer I was sick half the time my friends were here and that I had to miss going to the Moms' Market with Amanda. I'm still not 100%, but feeling better. Now I'm just praying Orion doesn't get it, because that would be scary.

Here are some more pictures to make you smile.

Relaxing with Papa
Orion's sleeping habits have been kind of weird lately. He was sleeping really long stretches at night for a while, but now he's back to waking up every 3-5 hours. I'm not enjoying it. Hopefully he'll work his way back up to 8 or 9 hours soon... I hope...

Sleepy buddy
I had this bedding set for a whole day before I had to return it! I was so bummed. I loooved it, but the morning after I put it on the bed I found several holes in it! I don't know if the cat was responsible for it or what, but it was obviously not good quality for the price so we returned it. I guess I have to stick to quilts instead of comforters.


Not sure what that face is all about... haha!
This doesn't really go with the picture, but I wanted to mention that Orion is officially enjoying baths! He loves to kick around in the water, and actually seemed really happy to be in the warm water today. Hurray! Now if his bad mama would only bathe him more often...

Little man rockin' Ben's hat. I think he looks very stylish. His expression says, "I know I'm cool."
Just to be consistent I'm going to give you some random Orion tidbit under this picture too ;) He's been nursing every 2 1/2 ish hours, eating about 1 TBL rice cereal with 2 oz formula once a day, and drinking 2 oz of formula along with nursing right before bed. We just kind of fell into this routine within the last couple weeks and it seems to be working well for us, and since we started it he's gotten a little more chub so I'm happy.

Looks like he's strangling Papa with his thunder thighs. Ha!
He's finally getting some chub on his thighs! I'll have to take a picture... it's very exciting ;) He has his 4 month doctor's appointment on the 22nd, so I'm anxious to see how he's doing on the growth chart. I'm really hoping he's on track.

I managed to nip the end of Orion's finger again today when clipping his nails. It didn't even bleed... I barely got him. He only cried for a minute... unlike me... I felt so bad!!! I don't know if I'll ever become immune to things like that.

My birthday is Thursday, and we're getting the rest of Orion's pictures taken that day (we already have some good ones- will post some once we get the rest. I'm hoping he's happy during the shoot this time!!!), and also going out to dinner at Bravo. Then Friday night birthday dinner at home with the family, then visiting Allie and Rachel at IWU on Saturday, then Orion's doctor's appointment on Monday (before which I need to make some vaccination decisions... ugh), then the following weekend my parents are visiting. Whew!

...and how are you doing?

4 comments:

Melanie said...

Glad you are feeling better! We missed you at the Mom's Market. There is another one on March 27th somewhere in Vandalia. They gave us a flyer about it at the last one. I can get you the details if you want. Not sure if I'm going to try to go to that one yet or not.

I'm glad Orion is on a good eating schedule. Hope he starts sleeping better again for you. I am sure that is exhausting with you being sick. Don't feel bad, I usually only bathe my boys twice a week. Usually Wednesday and Saturday night for church...Lol! They just don't get that dirty. But in the summer, that is a different story. Once they start playing outside all day, they usually get a bath every night before bed.

Have a happy birthday on Thursday!!

Unknown said...

Such cute photos! I love the one of Orion in his papa's hat and the one sitting on his papa's neck! Hilarious!

Hope you are feeling better. Dad is.

I can't believe you went to IKEA without me!! (lol)

That bedding was so pretty. Shame it had to go back.

Amanda said...

what a good post :) Very cute pics, and subtitles... and very informative... Glad you said today that he slept 8 hours last night! Yay Orion! Hope to see you tomorrow night! (although, I just pigged out at PFChangs.. so, not thinking a good weigh in ) lol..

Amy V said...

What a fun weekend you had! We missed you guys - thanks for the pictures though! :) I hope you are feeling lots better very soon - you have another busy week/end it sounds like.
Cute cute pics!