Tuesday, March 22, 2011

26 Weeks

How far along? 26 weeks
Total weight gain/loss: +13 (right on track with my last pregnancy)
Inches gained: +5
Maternity clothes? Yep!
Sleep: Pretty good. Nathan got me memory foam for my birthday :D
How I'm feeling: Pregnant. Little uncomfortable now and then, but not bad.
Best moment this week: Nathan got to feel some of the weird movements I feel all the time... like Baby's running his hand/foot/elbow back and forth across my belly. Super cool!
Movement: Ninja baby. He is STRONG.
Food cravings: Chocolate, fast food.
Food aversions: Chicken tortilla soup, canned corn
Gender: BOY!
Labor Signs: None.
Belly Button in or out? Very out.
What I miss: Running.
What I am looking forward to: Announcing his name sometime this week! :D
Milestones: Less than 100 days to go!


We got a new dresser! We knew we would need more storage once the baby was born, so I hopped on Craigslist and found this gem! OK, not the most stylish thing ever built, but it's solid wood, very clean, and only cost $30. It's kind of scratched up, but that seems appropriate for a little boys' room. And it matches the other furniture. It's in Orion's room now and I moved his clothes over and they only take up half, so I think we're going to have the boys share and move the other dresser out of the room and use the other dresser for bedding, etc. The new dresser is pretty huge so the room is looking crowded.

We got a new bumper cover in the mail today for our Honda Accord Coupe and installed it... the old one was literally falling off and was only being held on by a "car bra." I also cleaned the car out. We're going to get it painted (the last owner lived in Texas and the paint is destroyed... the top coat is peeling off all over) and then sell it... because people with children have no business owning a two-door car. Going to buy a mini van which I'm super excited about. I've been stalking Craigslist non-stop (that's where we found the Honda in the first place). If you want to sell me your mini van let me know ;)

...sorry about all the parentheticals.

3 comments:

Sadie VK said...

Fun update. Can't wait to hear the name!!!! Are the boys going to share a room? Is O in a big boy bed yet?

I agree that people with kids have no business owning 2 door vehicles! I love my minivan. :-) Hope you can find a good one!

Rachel said...

Yep, they're going to share a room! The new baby will sleep in our room for a couple months first though. O is still in his crib but we'll switch him to a big boy bed somewhere around the time the baby's born... since I won't be sleeping anyway... :P

Unknown said...

I use a lot of parentheticals myself. Must be where you got it. You can blame me anyway.

Good luck finding a mini van. We always liked ours and it drove very nicely. I could parallel park that thing!

The dresser looks very solid and in pretty good condition. Your brothers shared a double dresser much like that one for several years too.