Monday, March 28, 2011

27 Weeks, and The Name!

Yes, we finally committed to a name for the new little man! It was tough, but we really like what we decided on. And his name is...

Desmond Daniel Lambes

Desmond is Irish and means "man of the world" or "man from South Munster."
Daniel is Hebrew and means "God is my judge." It's inspired by the Biblical figure of the same name, and we also like the alliteration of the two D's :)

Hope you like it!! ...and if you don't, tough ;)


How far along? 27 weeks
Total weight gain/loss: +13 (None this week! Yaaay! Haha ;)
Inches gained: +5.75
Maternity clothes? Yeah, gotta pack up some more "normal" stuff.
Sleep: Pretty good, usually get up once a night.
How I'm feeling: Good most of the time, just some aches and pains and heartburn.
Best moment this week: Announcing Desmond's name to our families this weekend.
Movement: Tons.
Food cravings: Chocolate, fast food.
Food aversions: Chicken tortilla soup, canned corn
Gender: BOY!
Labor Signs: None.
Belly Button in or out? Very out.
What I miss: Running, comfort.
What I am looking forward to: My last ultrasound (for low-lying placenta- hoping it moved up ok).
Milestones: The beginning of the 3rd trimester! I cannot believe it.
Do you happen to remember that I posted about this crib bedding and how much I loved it a few months after Orion was born? Well it was discontinued and has been gone from stores for ages. I recently looked on Ebay and the set was selling for like $150!! What?! I looked on Amazon and found it for half that price, but hesitated to buy it, and of course it sold out by the next day. I was so mad at myself for hesitating! Then it showed up again saying there were only 3 left and I pounced on it! Mine! It's already sold out again. I figure I've wanted it for so long and we had some Amazon money available, plus we're having another boy, I should probably go ahead and get it while I could ;)

Plus it matches Orion's big boy bedding! My parents got him this super cute rocket bedding for Christmas (but in twin size, not toddler like this pic). My boys are going to have one cute room :)
Now I just have to decide whether to put the new bedding on the crib as soon as it comes or wait til Orion moves out and Des moves in... hmm...

4 comments:

Unknown said...

You look wonderful! All baby out there in front. You at least look like you've barely gained weight anywhere else.

The bedding(s) are so cute! I think I'd wait and give Des the new bedding.

I love the name Desmond! Of course, I would! lol

Sadie VK said...

I love the bedding!! Is it Dwell Studio? I love everything by Dwell Studio, and had almost exactly the same problem with the bedding I wanted for Lucy. It was discontinued and selling for an outrageous price on Ebay! I never did get it because I didn't have the good fortune you did with Amazon. Yay for you!!!

Rachel said...

Yep, it's Dwell! I think they must change their products like twice a year... it's crazy!

becca said...

That bedding is too cute.

And you do look wonderful!

I love the name, of course.