Wednesday, August 22, 2012

My busy boys


I'm not so good at this blogging thing anymore! Apparently I can't be counted on to post regularly if I don't have a pregnancy questionnaire to fill out every week or a monthly post for my child's first year of life.  Sorry about that!  I think it's a bad sign when every post begins in an apology...


We've been keeping busy this summer with family and church events.  Nathan took some of the youth to summer camp, and I went to a Beth Moore conference, as well as my sister-in-law's bachelorette party in Nashville.  Her wedding is in a week and a half!!  I can hardly believe it.  I'm going to be photographing the wedding and probably making the cake, and Nathan and Orion are in the wedding party.  It'll be a crazy week!


I'm so thankful that the weather has finally cooled down so we can enjoy some time outside.  Somehow, even though the ground is parched and the grass is crispy, we have tons of mosquitoes.  Huh.  I guess you can't have it all!


Orion is doing great.  He's talking in more and more complete sentences and is learning a lot.  He's crazy and loves to run around, but he also can't get enough of the television.  His current favorite is the Bob the Builder video I bought at Goodwill last week.  I go though spurts of being great about limiting screen time and being really lax about it.  This is a lax time.  I think I should start going to bed earlier so I have more gumption during the day!


Here's Desy with his friend, Isaac.  Des is having a rough week.  He had a stomach bug last week that threw him off, plus he's teething... and considering that he got 5 teeth at once when he was 8 months old and nothing since, I'm guessing he's working on several at once.  One has broken through and I see one more for sure.  He has just been really clingy and cries at the drop of a hat.  I'm really hoping that he goes back to his normal, happy self soon.


Thankfully, Desmond has been sleeping well!  Lately he's been going to bed around 7:30ish and getting up in the morning around 7:30 or sometimes even 8!  This is a huge improvement from the 6:15 thing he was trying for a few weeks!  Orion also sleeps well, from 8:30-whenever Des wakes him up, and has stayed out of his brothers bed for the last week or two.


We recently rearranged the boys' room so I took some pictures.  We had to move the crib away from the wall letters so they wouldn't keep pulling them down.  As it is, Orion can still reach the D from the crib...


I decided to get this cool bin/shelf unit set up (I'm had it since O was a baby) and move all their toys to their room.  It has been nice to have the majority of the toys NOT all over the living room.  Not that the boys don't trash the whole house every day, but at least a portion of the mess is contained!


Their awesome bed.  O sleeps on the bottom, and when Desy is big enough to move to a big boy bed Orion will move up top.  Love it!


They both love playing in the top bunk! 



Desy is learning to walk! He can take a few steps :)  I keep thinking he's going to figure out he can do it and take off, but he's taking his time.  I guess he thinks crawling is faster.



Robin has taught Orion some really cute songs, and he's really getting good at singing them himself! I love it when he sings :)

My friend Jackie told me about a sunflower field near our house, so we took the boys to check it out.  It was beautiful.  I'm so glad we went.  We got some really good pictures... the last one we got by setting the camera in the back of out van and setting the timer!







5 comments:

Sadie VK said...

I was just thinking I haven't seen you a post from you in a while!

I can't believe you're taking pics and making the cake for your SIL's wedding! Crazy girl! Is it Rachel? Will you be the only Rachel Lambes now? :-)

Love that bunk bed! So cool! Lucky boys. :-)

Rachel said...

Yes, I will be the only Rachel Lambes! Identity successfully stolen.

Amanda said...

Yooooooouuu pooooooooooostedddddd!!!! Haha. Yay! And a good one it was :) love the comment from Sadie about getting your identity as the only Rachel lanes ;) the boys room looks awesome! Wow! It's a good size! I remember when you recovered that chair, it looks great! I love the pic of desy in his crib holding his glow worm I think? Too precious. :( I haven't watched the videos yet. Just remembered as I typed this! Oh! And I didn't see you last night. How bout the 2nd or the 4th of October for my 31 party. Let me know what's best for you! I think that's a tues or thurs..

Amanda said...

*lambes! Not lanes. Haha. Dumb spell checker. Eh, you know who you are ;)

Unknown said...

What a fantastic post! Love, love, love those little boys and the fantastic videos!! Such fun! <3