Friday, November 7, 2014

Cecelia: 5 months old


Per the usual, this post is a bit late, but Cecelia is five months old! She seems a whole lot bigger lately, even though she's a peanut!

Here are the stats:
Weight: 12 lbs (around 2nd percentile)
Height: 25ish inches (80th percentile)

80th percentile?!? We have a tall baby?!? Now I've seen everything.

She's in size 2 disposable diapers, but I have to put her in size 4 at night or else she'll leak... and still does sometimes! I was finally able to order more of the Sunbaby cloth diapers I like, so I'm anxious for those to come so we can make it more than a day or two at a time in cloth!!

New Mei Tai carrier!! We love it :)

Well, Cecelia has continued to become more and more high-strung recently... she's definitely not an easy baby! She rivals baby Orion in grump factor. I'm really hoping that as she learns to sit up (soon!) and crawl that she'll become a lot more content. She can be really fun and sweet, but she just gets so mad when she is tired or hungry... and if you know babies, that's a lot ;)


I have continued to nurse Cece every two hours, and she gets 1-3 extra bottles of formula a day (usually at least one during the night). This week she tried solid food-- rice cereal and formula-- for the first time and loved it! I gave it to her again a couple days later and she practically inhaled it again. Unfortunately, the popular theory that feeding a baby solids will help her sleep better has proven false.




We were given a new-to-us crib! No more drop side! 

 Speaking of sleep, my super awesome sleep-through-the-night-at-two-months-old baby has decided that sleep is for sissies and is back to getting up every 2-3 hours during the night. And once a night ish she just gets super mad and the only cure is a bottle of formula. I'm hoping that she'll just grow out of it soon, but I foresee sleep training in our future. Boo.




I don't want to make it sound like life with Cecelia is terrible or anything! I'm just tired ;) I love it when she "talks" and flirts. She is super ticklish so it's really easy to get her to smile. Cece loves to chew on her feet, her hands, my hands, toy dinosaurs, celery, and anything else she can get her hands on. Getting her diaper changed is pretty much her favorite thing.


Orion and Desy love their little sister like crazy. Des can be too rough sometimes but is just trying to play. Orion is super sweet and gentle with her and is a really great helper. I think Cece likes them too :)


I think this will be a big month of changes for Cecelia! She will begin to sit up soon, and could get teeth at any time. And of course she will begin sleeping through the night and playing quietly on her own for hours on end! Huzzah!


We love you, Cece baby :)

No comments: