Sunday, December 17, 2017

Hazel: 9 months


This beauty is 3/4 of a year old already! What?! I took all the kids' pictures in the leaves, but Hazel wasn't into it. Next year!


Although she eats more than anyone else in the house, it doesn't show. Here are the stats:

Height: 2'2" (5th percentile)
Weight: 14 lbs 7 oz (3rd percentile)
Head: 18.11" (95th percentile)

I swear that her head does not look in-proportionately large!! But it has been consistently huge the last three checkups, sooo...

Hazel has really taken off crawling and sitting up and pulling herself up to stand! She's really getting around!



Hazel enjoyed her first Christmas tree! She did really well not messing with it until the last week or so before Christmas, when she decided that pulling stuff off the tree was super fun. She really did better than I expected, though.


Hazel's move into Cece's room went great! Cece sleeps like a brick, so any crying Hazel does isn't a problem (amazing). Cece has even sung to Hazel and helped calm her down occasionally, which is incredibly sweet. The only problems we have are if Cece throws a fit at bedtime (Hazel will then flip out), and in the mornings the other kids are loud and wake Hazel up. But all in all, I am very pleased that Hazel is sleeping through the night and that Nathan and I have our room back! It looks huge without a pack n play in it! I took the picture of the girls' room because it will never be that clean again. See how cute?!


Big girl has been enjoying baths in the tub instead of in the sink (...'cause my sink is for holding dirty dishes). It makes me nervous because she is prone to slip and fall over and I don't want her to drown!! I'm always right there, of course, but it freaks me out! But Hazel absolutely loves splashing and playing in the bath.


We had a mishap this month and Hazel's foot got hurt in the car door :( It was so scary, but we had it x-rayed and she never complained about it or acted like it hurt, so I guess there was no real damage done (just a nasty bruise). Of course we felt absolutely awful and tears were shed, but, unfortunately, accidents happen. We are SO glad she is completely healed up and fine now!!


These kids all LOVE their baby sister. She has no shortage of playmates and affection, and I appreciate all my helpers! Hazel brings us so much joy.

No comments: