Tuesday, January 23, 2018

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!



We had a great Christmas this year! We got our tree a couple days after Thanksgiving. We found a gorgeous one!


We ❤ Christmas trees!!


I had so much fun decorating our new house for Christmas! I splurged for some new tree decorations and got to hang up the stockings I made last year. Everything looked so pretty!


Some of the decorations in our family room.


The weekend before Christmas we celebrated with my family in Napoleon! We had a great (too short) visit. These kids are so lucky to celebrate Christmas so many times!



My dad, Cece, and I made molasses sugar cookies from my Grandma's recipe. The. Best.


My brother Andy and his fiancee were home from Texas! I wish we could have visited with them longer, but we had a good time.


The following week was Nathan's busiest week of the year at work, so he had to spend most of his time there. The kids and I were able to spend more time with his family and make cookies with friends.

Nathan's parents wanted to wait until Jonathan's family was in town to get their tree, so we ended up going two days before Christmas... but the tree farm Larry had scoped out was closed for the season! After a couple phone calls to the owner, we ended up slipping money under the door and getting our tree. Whew!


Our family Sunday Morning (Christmas Eve).

We decorated cookies on Christmas Eve, as well as opening one gift each in the evening.  Nathan and I usually open our gifts to each other on Christmas Eve after the kids are in bed so we can have a special time together. I planned a year of dates for Nathan, and he got me an Amazon Echo and a robot vacuum!



My beautiful children on Christmas morning :)  We had the kids open their gifts at home before we headed over to celebrate with Nathan's family.


One of the things we got the kids for Christmas was a hamster. Cece especially had been talking about wanting a pet a lot, and this one is SO cute. She's really sweet and the kids are doing well with her. We named her Dandelion (Dandy for short).


Allie brought a special Christmas book to read to all the kids.

We spent the next couple days spending time with Nathan's family and had a wonderful time. It really was such a nice Christmas.

In the evening of Christmas day when we got home, I noticed that the fireplace grate was askew and open. I mentioned it to the kids and they found a shiny wrapped present in the fireplace! Nathan had sneekily bought them a Nintendo Switch (through some crazy combination of gift cards and monetary gifts he only spent like $30 out of pocket!?!). It was SO exciting and special for them.


To finish out our holiday craziness, we stopped off at my parents' house for a couple days before heading up to Michigan to celebrate New Year's with our college friends. We are so blessed to have these beautiful people as our lifelong friends.

What a great blessing we have in our family, friends, and special celebrations!

No comments: