Wednesday, March 26, 2008

First Days

I ended up starting my new job Tuesday because Haley (almost 4 years old) and her mom (Barb) were sick over the weekend and Monday. Haley has a double ear infection. They're both still recovering, but doing better. Haley's sister is Grace, who is 6.

So far everything is going really well and I think I'm going to like this job. They're good girls (although Haley has been cranky from being sick) and are generally pretty agreeable. They like to draw/color, tromp around in the woods, and love animals (both stuffed and real)... sound like anyone you know?

It's obviously going to take me a while to get into the swing of things. I just have to get their schedule down and learn how to break up the day so that we can both have fun and get things accomplished. I can see that it will sometimes be a challenge, but will be satisfying. If nothing else, it suits me much better than a desk job.

I drove Grace to and from school today (with Barb in the passenger's seat- she drove us yesterday), and it's a really easy trip. Haley's school is also easy to get to, and I hear getting between them is also. I like easy drives!! I still need to learn where the library and some parks are so we have some more activity options. Grace and I went to a park today (Haley stayed home with her mom because she threw a fit do to exhaustion from being sick) that's probably 1/4 mile away from the house- it was really nice.

I guess I don't have a whole lot more to say. As long as things continue to go well I'm happy, and I'm thankful for having a job regardless.

I'm tired. Wonder why...
Goodnight!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Sounds like it may be a good "fit" for you. Yes, I do know somebody who sounds like the children you described. Keep us up to date on how it's going.