Friday, May 16, 2008

Pretty Old


Images from my new favorite place in the world... an "antique" shop near Fort Ancient. It's more like an acre or so full of piles of junk in and outside of falling-down sheds. It's amaaaaazing. There's lots of rust. It's my kind of place.

I wanted to share some of the pictures I took. Above and below is a bus that I love. The color is so great.


Believe it or not, this is a close up of the windshield of that blue bus. I LOVE this picture. I had to crop it to get this, so I hope it's not too small to print.

I also love the picture above. This one's getting printed too. Am I the only one who thinks rust is pretty? This is part of an old school bus.

These are the doors of the same school bus. The doors are falling off their hinges.

This was a detail on an old door. I think this would look really cool framed in a small square frame- somehow it's simple and intricate at the same time.


Peeling paint! The focus turned out perfectly on this one which made me really happy. The red peeking through from behind really makes this picture.

I like dilapidated things. They're beautiful :)

4 comments:

becca said...

This looks like an awesome place. Very cool pictures.

Unknown said...

"I like dilapidated things. They're beautiful :)"

Then you must REALLY love me! lol

Really cool photos. Is it very far from Carlisle? I'd like to visit there sometime. Is the stuff for sale?

Rachel said...

It's fairly close to Carlisle and everything is for sale :)

Anonymous said...

JEALOUS!!!
~Liz