Monday, September 29, 2008

Fireproof


You should go see this movie. Especially, but not exclusively, if you're married. It's a story about the everyday couple who is in the "winter" of marriage, where they hardly ever speak and when they do it's in a yelling match. Divorce seems like the fastest and easiest way to "peace," until the man's father challenges him to wait 40 days to start the divorce and follow a plan to save his marriage...

I won't tell you more, but let's just say that it was one of the most uplifting, truthful movies I've seen. The film really tells it like it is.

Interestingly enough, the movie was produced by a church and is remarkably openly Christian, yet is still the #4 movie in the nation even though it is being shown in relatively few theaters. Wow!! I expected it to seem low budget, but I was pleasantly surprised. The film quality was great, and I'm not sure I've ever watched such a tear-jerker. I was even on the edge of my seat a few times.

So. Go see it.

3 comments:

EllaJac said...

I finally watched Facing the Giants a bit ago, and would definitely see another movie by them.

"Going" to see a movie, however, is highly unlikely. If you've got (little) kids, you gotta have Netflix. :D

Rachel said...

I've never seen Facing the Giants but now I want to!

becca said...

They mentioned this movie at the church Liz and I visited last week.