Thursday, February 5, 2009

PataPataPataPon!

Well, I'm home sick today. I have a really bad cold and feel like a zombie, so I though it'd be a kindness to the kids I care for and the other people on the road to stay home.

I was playing Nathan's new game, Patapon (I think that's what it's called) a minute ago (until the battery died... grr), which is fun and cute :) It's a rhythm/music game and I've got the little song stuck in my head...

Our loan meeting went well, as we're getting approved for a loan right in the price range we're looking at. Hurray! Even though the aproval hasn't gone through yet, the loan guy told us we could buy a house this week and it'd be fine. Wow! That's crazy.

We're going to go look at this house Saturday. It obviously needs a lot of work, but it's got to be worth way more than they're asking (even just for the land- it's on 1.6 acres), it's in a good location, and it's totally our style, don't you think??


I'm pretty excited to go see it :) We might come knocking at your door next week to see if we can mooch a couple hundred dollars for a downpayment... haha! Nah, it'll probably turn out to be a hunk-a-junk, but I'm excited to see it anyway.

Have a great day! Stay healthy!!

7 comments:

PEZmama said...

I don't have $100 to donate to the down payment, but I do have a few painting/sewing/remodeling skillz I am willing to donate... wherever you end up living.

Happy house hunting!

Amy V said...

Definitely your style :) I hope you love it :)

Unknown said...

Is that the house? Styled like a barn. I like it. Just be very careful... if you want it, get Robin to go and have a look as well. A home inspection is also a good investment. Cool you got loan approval!

Hope you feel better REALLY soon!

Rachel said...

Thanks Lori- I'll be borrowing your skillz someday ;)

I think Robin and Larry might be coming with us (and probably Allie cause she'll be home :). I'm probably setting myself up for disappointment because I'm really excited about seeing this place.

becca said...

I so glad the loan meeting went well. The house is totally your style. I hope your house hunting goes well.

Also, feel better!

Sadie VK said...

Woohoo for house hunting! That house is a great price. That's awesome you got approved for a loan. We tried and can't because of our horrendous debt to income ratio (even despite our excellent credit). So my parents are cosigning with us. Anyway, that house looks good! It does look like a lot of work, but it has "great bones." Lol. Nice big rooms - and the land is great! Good luck!

Jael Paris said...

What was wrong with it?