Thursday, March 26, 2009

Blarg

This evening we went to watch Grace, the seven year old I take care of, dance in the chorus in The Sound of Music. It was a fun and pretty well done production- they had some very good singers, which is always a huge plus for a musical ;)

When we went to leave, my car wouldn't start. I turned the key and nothing happened. Maybe a tiny click, but it didn't even try to start. All the lights and the CD player came on though, and I hadn't left the lights on or anything, so there's no reason for the battery to be dead. The really weird thing was that when I turned the headlights on, they paused, then turned on, the CD player turned off, all the dash lights took turns flickering, and then the CD player turned back on. Uhh... do we have some freaky electrical issue or what?? I have never had even a hint of a problem starting it before! Larry came and picked us up and I have to call the car guy from church in the morning (boo hoo) to see if he can fix it. Right now my poor Honda is sitting cold and alone at some church in the next town over, and I am frustrated.

The GOOD NEWS is that my parents are coming to visit this weekend! Yaaaay!

6 comments:

Jones said...

Been there, done that. I drove my car for over a year with a practically dead battery, before finally growing tired of it and swapping in my "utility battery" (a car battery I had purchased just to have, and to provide portable 12 volt power). Believe me it's not hard to accidentally run a battery dry, I've personally done it at least half a dozen times. Just be glad that it's warm enough that the battery didn't freeze.

Jones said...

Forgot to add this part: I've also had to deal with odd starter problems... I had the starter control relay on my car go out, and didn't discover that that stupid $12 part was the problem until AFTER I had pulled the starter and taken it up to Woods to test it... Believe me, if it clicks AT ALL it's the battery, and that's EASY to fix...

Rachel said...

Turns out it was the battery cable and a couple other things. Got it fixed :)

becca said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
becca said...

Glad you read that it's fixed now and it wasn't anything too big. Cars can be such trouble...

becca said...

^ I need to proofread my comments. Oops.