Sunday, March 29, 2009

Guests!

My mom and dad came to visit this weekend! Hurray! They got here early yesterday afternoon, and after some chatting we decided to go out. We spent some time at Boarders and the mall, then headed to P.F. Chang's for dinner. We got to try several different things, some very good and some not so good. If you ever go there I recommend the lettuce wraps and the MuShu Chicken. After that, mom and I went to Salvation Army while the boys went to Half Price Book Store, then we headed home and played Carcassonne until bedtime. Today was church, then a yummy pot roast lunch, some general hanging out, then they had to head home. It was a short but really nice visit :)

Then I took a nap and was woken up just in time for church. I was very zombie-like. We have to vote for some new deacons soon (if you don't know about deacons, check out 1 Timothy 3. I had no clue what they were until I started dating Nathan and visiting his Baptist church) so a bunch of nominees gave their testimonies. It's going to be really hard for me to pick because I know some of them but not others and don't know who would be best for the position.

I added a little gadget on the right-hand sidebar so you can see what the little one is up to! Just click on it to see a time-line (the current day is highlighted in blue), then you can click on the corresponding picture for the week and see how baby is developing. Of course this is all based on a tentative due date, so I don't know how accurate it is (...plus it's the internet, so I guess it's not guaranteed accurate anyway), but it's really fun to look at. Nathan thinks baby looks like an angry frog right now :P

We just got back from spending some time with PEZmama and her family! They surprised us with a visit and we hung out for a while before going to the pizza place across the street. We had a great time hanging out with them, which we need to do more often.

That all makes for a good weekend! Too bad it's over...

6 comments:

becca said...

That sounds like a great weekend. I'm glad you had a good visit with your parents!

Katie said...

what a fun weekend! thanks for the comments on the new blog layout, i think i'm still going to work on it... i really don't know much about this sort of thing, so i get easily frustrated when trying to work on it :-P

Unknown said...

We had fun as well. Weekends go so quickly! The trip home was not too much fun but we made it unscathed!

Dee said...

Love the baby time line! I don't see the angry frog...platypus maybe?

Jael Paris said...

Your parents are awesome. I'd like a weekend with them, and I'm not related!

Anonymous said...

Hello
http://www.georgiawrestling.net/ - generic levitra online
Brand and generic Levitra available.
[url=http://www.georgiawrestling.net/]buy vardenafil[/url]
As you all know that PDE5 inhibitor is used for rectifying erectile dysfunction or other impotent disorder, so the same goes with the drug Lecitra as well.
buy vardenafil

I am sure that most of you must have heard about this drug Levitra.