Wednesday, June 17, 2009

It's a BOY!


That's right! We have a little boy on the way. We had our ultrasound at 8:45 this morning and it was SO cool. Baby wiggled around, kicked his legs, waved his arms, and sucked his thumb. We got to see his heart pumping and look at his skeleton (his spine was pretty cool). The picture above is my favorite. Isn't he cute???


^Nathan thinks we should name him Skeletor. This picture is of his face from straight on (he's laying sideways, top of the head facing left).


^His hand. Kind of a pseudo thumbs-up I think.


^His mouth hanging open. I think he was going for his thumb.


^A little foot.


^We've got ourselves a thumb sucker! I couldn't help but tear up when I saw this :)


^Proof that there's a little boy in there!


They said the baby looks great- no problems they can see (what a relief). I do have to go back for another ultrasound in 6ish weeks because the placenta was pretty close to the cervix and they want to make sure it moves up like it should (Not a cause for concern. It should move up on its own eventually)... I can't really complain ;) Baby should look less skeletal by then, which will be fun! And maybe I'll get a video then. I guess you have to ask for them to make one when you come in. Lucky I'm going back!

We were a little (but not very) surprised when they told us that they wanted to change the due date to 10 days later- November 16 (which I forgot to tell my parents on the phone...)! I guess Baby is measuring perfectly for that date (it weighs a little less than half a pound!). Now I'm back to 18 weeks, 2 days instead of 19 weeks, 5 days, which is actually kind of nice since I now have a couple more weeks until the half-way mark instead of a couple days. I thought that it had snuck up on me too fast!

What an awesome experience! Coolest thing ever :)

8 comments:

Amanda said...

you dont have to reply to my facebook questions now...lol.. you just answered them :) The thumb sucking one is incredible!! I have never actually seen a pic of that! Too sweet :)

becca said...

How exciting!!! A boy!! (Now we finally have a pronoun for Baby Lambes!)

Those pictures are just so incredible!!!

I'm so glad you had such a good experience with this first ultrasound! Praise the Lord Baby is healthy and happily sucking his thumb.

Unknown said...

Congrats!!!! Love the pictures! He's so cute already!!!!!

Amy V said...

YAYYAYYAYYAY!! :) Congratulations!!! Geoff got tear-y when he read Nate's text, it was so cute! :) We're SO happy for you and can't wait to see you and meet your little man in the fall. :)
I'm REALLY looking forward to this week's update! :)
*swoon* He looks SO adorable! ;) Too bad Geoff and I aren't working on a baby yet... Little Man (your baby) needs a girlfriend.

Amy V said...

By the way, I've (temporarily) named your baby "Little Man" :)

Nathan said...

It's not "Little Man" it's "Handsome Man" thank you very much

Unknown said...

We're pretty excited as well! Knowing the baby's sex makes it more "real" somehow. Everybody at Library were ooh-ing and ah-ing over the untrasound photos. Our 16 year old page thought it was so cute and loved that baby sucks his thumb already. It is so awesome (in the true sense of the word) to be able to see baby with such clarity. We feel so blessed.

Now... name choosing and shopping come next. You choose the name, I'll do the shopping!! Love ~ Mom

Michelle P said...

I love seeing the pictures of your little one. A few of ours had their thumbs in their mouths too! Isn't that cute? I'm so glad everything is going well! I didn't realize you had a baby blog :)