Wednesday, December 16, 2009

My little actor


That's right, my little goober is already an actor. He played baby Jesus in Hillcrest's Christmas play this year, and I'm proud and relieved to say that he didn't cry once while onstage. He wasn't always happy before and after his performance, but somehow made it through his time onstage each night without making a peep. Nathan was one of the magi (far right, below)... it was kind of funny to watch him "worship" his own son. Seriously, though, it really put into perspective for me the fact that Jesus came into the world as a baby... it blows the mind.


We've had a few great nights and a few OK nights lately. We've been having him sleep in his swing which seems to be working better. Saturday night he actually slept for 6 hours straight, which was amazing... after I got over the initial panic when I woke up :P The night after that he slept 5 hours straight, then 4 the night after that... and since then we've just been getting 2 and 3 hour increments. Eh... I definitely prefer the 6 hour thing, but as long as he's sleeping at least 2 hours at a time I'm not going to complain too much.

Orion will be 4 weeks old tomorrow (WOW), and will be getting a new cousin! Ellie is going to be born sometime tomorrow (Emiley's in labor now), so they'll be exactly 4 weeks apart :) Wishing Jon and Emiley luck, and greatly anticipating pictures!

3 comments:

Katie said...

very impressed that he didn't cry onstage!

hopefully you will get some more 6 hour nights...

Unknown said...

He is quite the little trooper! And VERY cute.

Dee said...

I'm sure he got his acting skills from his mommy! I can't wait to get my hands on him!!!! Only 6 more days! Merry Christmas!!!