Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Couch

Today's the day I start working to lose the rest of that baby weight and then some! I've never had to work to lose weight before (I used to be uber skinny... just because I had a crazy metabolism. I weighed about 95 lbs when I started college), so this is a challenge. The plan is to do the Couch-to-5K Running Program. I keep hearing about how great it is, so here's hoping. I have NEVER been a runner but always wanted to try it. I hope I hope I hope I can!

I got up around 165 lbs at the end of my pregnancy, and 25 of that fell off in the first two weeks after Orion was born. That leaves me around 10 lbs to lose to get back to my pre-pregnancy weight and 15 more to get to my healthy weight. Plus I really just need to get into shape.

Here are the stats:
Current weight: 140
Goal weight: 115
Weight lost: 0
Pounds left 'til goal: 25

Wish me luck!!

*Update*

Couch-to-5K Day 1

I just finished the first day, and I am a bit embarrassed to admit that it was hard!! I had to alternately jog 60 seconds and walk 90 seconds for a total of 20 minutes. Ouch! I feel like an old person when I'm jogging. I'm sure it'll get easier... at least I hope so! I went 1 1/4 miles today :)

While I'm out tomorrow I think I may treat myself to some fancy-pants workout clothes to encourage myself. I can do it! 3 miles, here I come!
Post a Comment