Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Harder before easier...

Week 2 Day 2... hardest day yet!! OUCH. I reeeeally wanted to quit in the middle... it was so hard to keep up with the treadmill at some points. I had to make Nathan talk to me during the running parts to distract me. Oy. Nathan tells me it will seem to get easier, then get harder again, then get easier again... ugh. I know I can do this, but MAN is it HARD!!

Here are the stats:
Current weight: 139.2*
Goal weight: 115
Weight lost: 0.8
Pounds left 'til goal: 24.2

*...crap. Haha! This number is supposed to be getting smaller, not bigger!!

Weeeeell... I was hoping to see some insta-results from running, but obviously that's not going to happen. But have no fear! I started going to the weight loss class at church tonight, so with that guidance and accountability I'm going to start focusing on other things, like eating better. Which is going to be another big struggle. Not only do I love foods that I shouldn't eat much of, but I get hungry a lot and have to eat something. I've already started eating well for breakfast, eating more fruit, and eating smaller portions at dinner. Now I need to start eating a little better/less at lunch and figuring out some healthy snacks.

This weight loss stuff is not fun :P

We had to take "before" pictures for the class, so I'm posting mine here. They're pretty sad, but hey, if I'm sharing my weight I might as well give you a picture to go with it.




In the background you can see my Couch-to-5K chart! Yes, I reward myself with star stickers. Ha! Hey, it helps motivate me, so I don't care if it's silly ;)

11 comments:

Unknown said...

The sticker chart!! I miss it and need it back! And did I spot some Lost DVDs?? I'm in season 3, so good, miss seeing it with everyone.

Melanie said...

I have really enjoyed Kathy's class. I have lost 22 pounds so far since I started her class. She is so entertaining and motivating to listen to. I had nursery tonight so that is why I wasn't in there. Anyway, glad to have you! And thanks for letting me hold Orion tonight. He is SO cute and tiny!!! Love him!!!

Rachel said...

Lizzy: Yeah! I love sticker charts :) Yep, I'm watching Lost season 5. I think I should have gone back a couple seasons though- I'm almost done already!

Melanie: I really like the class so far. It's awesome how much you've lost- you look fantastic! You can hold Orion any time you want :)

Amanda said...

I took before pics like that too when I started the class.. and THEN I got pregnant with Ben :) haha... so... I'm even BIGGER than my BEFORE picture.. and its AFTER!.. lol.. so glad you came to class :) and I love the sticker thing..lol.. my mind tooootally loves charts.. I do so much better from a "sticker" or a checkmark too...lol.. thats funny :)

Melanie said...

BTW...Do you have the Lost DVD's or did you rent them? I have never watched that series but have heard that it is SO good. We wanted to watch it but I don't really want to buy them. They are so expensive!

Unknown said...

Love your photos and your exercise clothes! You look so cute! Good luck! (I find brown rice with veg, a scrambled egg and some soy sauce is filling and surprisingly tasty!)

Sadie VK said...

Love the sticker chart!! Haha. You are doing so great. Way to go!

Rachel said...

Amanda: Starting a weight loss class and then getting pregnant is kinda silly... ;)

Melanie: We own all of the seasons of Lost (I think Nathan has gotten them all used, so got good deals). If you ever want to borrow them let me know!

Mom: Thanks! You should see the exercise tank top I got- it's really pretty. That food you mentioned sounds really good- like fried rice kinda. Maybe I'll make some next week for lunches.

Sadie: I love me a good sticker chart! Thanks for the encouragement :)

Amy V said...

The pics are so cute :) Keep in mind, you DID just have a baby! :) Funny... my tummy is going to start to grow as you work yours back down!

rachel said...

I think you look awesome for just having a baby. Also, maybe a little of the weight gain is muscle mass? Since you did just start running and everything... Just saying. Good luck!! You can do it!!!

Unknown said...

I also like how Charles seems to be checking your chart for progress.