Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Two Months! ...and miscellaneous

Sorry, I know this is late! I was going to post something yesterday (on Orion's two-month-aversary), but I was waiting on the video and we were having a horrible time getting it to upload. I think the internet was broken.

Orion went to the doctor Monday for his two month check-up. He got four shots :( But he did so well! Of course he cried when he got the shots, but he fell asleep about five minutes later, slept four hours, and was happy the rest of the day. What a pleasant surprise! Here are his current measurements:

Weight: 9 lbs 12 oz
Length: 22 inches

He's a little below the growth curve, so we have to go back in a month to make sure he's gaining weight OK. Nothing to really worry about. We're talking about giving him one bottle of formula a day to help him gain weight and keep him full and happy. The little sucker likes to eat!

Besides that everything looked good and he was very well behaved :) Below is Little Buddy on the doctor's table. He looks SO long... I was surprised he'd only grown an inch!


Some more Orion pictures for your viewing pleasure. I know, I know... cutest baby of all time. ;)

Little Mister posing for his two month photo. I think this outfit makes him look like a big boy :)

He's started enjoying his mobile. It's fun watching him stare at it.

Father goober and son goober.

____________________________

Couch-to-5K

Today was day two of week 3. That's 90 seconds of running, 90 seconds of walking, 3 minutes of running, 3 minutes of walking. Repeat.

It was HARD. And painful. And this week my knees have hurt afterwords. Ouchie. I really didn't think I was going to make it today, but Nathan gave me a pep talk and I pushed through. I'm not looking forward to running like I was the first couple weeks, but I'm going to keep it up anyway. Even though it's crazy hard.

BUT... am I seeing possible results??

Here are the stats:
Current weight: 135.6
Goal weight: 115
Weight lost this week: 3
Total weight lost: 4.4
Pounds left 'til goal: 20.6

Hey!! That's down three pounds since Saturday! I don't know if it's "real" weight loss or not, but I haven't seen 135 since I was pregnant (like it's not part of my daily fluctuation range), so I'm happy. Hey, all this exercise can't be for nothing, right?? I'm proud to say I've done some sort of exercise every day since last Wednesday. I just couldn't stand to not check off the workout portion of my calendar for my weight loss class. Haha!

I'm continuing to work on making small diet changes, like using brown rice in my fried rice for lunch and whole wheat pasta at dinner. I honestly don't like them better than the white varieties, but hey, it's an easy change. Also staying away from saturated fat. I'm not depriving myself of all nummy things though, because there's no point in losing weight if I'm miserable because I can't have a piece of chocolate ;)

__________________________

I lost the ring Nathan got me for Christmas sometime today. It's a little too big and it must have fallen off my finger. I just have no idea where. I realized it at church tonight and got pretty upset. I really hope we find it, but I don't have high hopes :( Nathan said we could replace it if it doesn't turn up, but I hope it doesn't come to that. I'm pretty darn bummed.

__________________________

I got a professional haircut yesterday! Abby Singer (who's in-laws go to our church) did it for me and did a great job. I just washed it so I'm anxious to see how it looks when it just air-dries, but I think it'll be good. I loved it how she did it anyway! It's still long, it just has shape now. She took out a lot of the weight so it hangs a lot better. I guess I should probably take a picture...

_________________________

We got a bunch of picture frames at Salvation Army and a can of spray paint today to start a new project. Stay tuned!

Thanks for reading this long and random post :)

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Quite a post!

1. Glad Orion did so well with his shots. Never fun though.
2. Fantastic photos!
3. You were always below but followed the growth scale. Did the doctor suggest supplementing? At 3 months (I know he isn't 3 months yet) we always started some rice cereal. I don't know what they do anymore.
4. Good on you with the exercise! Small diet and life style changes can really make a difference. You know some people aren't meant to run but there are loads of other ways to exercise you know! lol I got a hula hoop! So far I can hardly keep it going!

Unknown said...

Oh yes, I want to see your hair!

Katie said...

yay more photos! he looks like he's getting bigger to me!

have you been stretching before and after the running? i know that makes a difference for me.

Michelle P said...

Cute as always! And I found that once I started jogging, my calves would be sore ALOT so a friend showed me that stretching them not only after you run, but all day long really helped. So just while you're standing, lift your toes enough to feel a little stretch in your calves, and as your legs get stronger, maybe the knee pain with lighten up. KEEP IT UP!! You are actually motivating me with all your posts :)

Melanie said...

I thought he seemed little! My boys weighed that much at about 2 weeks old...Lol! But they were all a little on the chunky side!

Good job on the weight loss! I am sure it is nice to start seeing some results after all your hard work!

Amy V said...

Your whole post was great and noteworthy but I have to go to the bathroom so I'm only commenting on part of it... you got a PROFESSIONAL HAIRCUT? How long has it been? I've only known you to cut your own hair. I'm excited to see a picture... Also glad to hear the shots went well! :) Are you still using disposable diapers or are you going to switch to cloth?

rachel said...

Ha, Orion now weighs what I weighed at birth. Though, both my parents are much taller than you or Nate, so I can understand why.

Yes, you have the most adorable baby on the planet.

Good job on being consistent for working out!

I wanna see your hair!