Monday, January 11, 2010

Up a rung

Today was the first day of week two in Couch-to-5K. That meant alternating 90 seconds of running with 2 minutes of walking for 20 minutes. It was really hard again, but I honestly think it's getting a little easier. Which shocked me. Especially the first half of the time before I got tired... definitely a little easier than last week. Let's hope things keep heading in that direction!!

Here are the stats:
Current weight: 138.6
Goal weight: 115
Weight lost: 1.4
Pounds left 'til goal: 23.6

Um... yeah... so that's not weight loss since last time. I found most of one of those pounds I'd lost. That's ok... weight can fluctuate a few pounds per day, so no worries. I'll get there.

One of the things I'm struggling with is keeping good posture when I run. I know it's important for my breathing (which is hard!!) to stand up straight, but it's hard to when I get really tired. Will keep working on it.

___

I cleaned out my closet a couple days ago! I pulled out and boxed up all my maternity clothes (except jeans... heh...), plus I weeded out all the clothes I either don't wear, don't like, don't fit, or are just old and nasty. I have a HUGE box of stuff to get rid of. It's surprising how much stuff is lurking in a closet. I'm hoping to sell some to a consignment store, then I'll donate the rest. I haven't gotten a chance to put away the new clothes I got for Christmas yet, but at least now I have a place to put them!

__

Orion has officially moved up to (mostly) 0-3 size clothes! His newborn size sleepers are definitely too short... although the 0-3s are mostly a bit too long. I've also started dressing him in outfits more during the day instead of leaving him in his sleepers all day. Don't know if I'll do it every day, but I have all these cute baby clothes... I figure I'd better use them while I can!

Here's a picture for ya :) Have a great day!

Playing video games with papa

5 comments:

Amanda said...

lol..I know what you mean about putting away all the clothes except the jeans.. haha.. I am sooo almost there.. but not quite.. (plus, hey.. the maternity pants are comfortable!) HA!.. Sounds like youre doing good running! You've made it to week 2! yay!.. Keep up the good work :) How is Orion sleeping these days?

Unknown said...

Love the photo of Goob and his papa! Good on you for cleaning out your closet! I did a bit but should do more. Keep up the exercise! I'm glad you're able to do it.

Karli said...

Hey Rachel! This is kind of random, but I wanted to give you a "Go You!" about your running. I have more of "I'm too lazy with bad genes" weight to lose but it is totally encouraging to read about your couch to 5K. I think Jake and I might even start doing it.
I've started (well restarted) my workouts this week and have stuck to it for 4 days in a row which is good for me! I ride a bike for 20 minutes, do some toning, and supplement with wii fit!

Also - your baby is just too stinking adorable! Congratulations!!

Rachel said...

Hey Karli! Thanks for the encouragement, and I'm glad reading about it is encouraging you too! You and Jake should totally do it :) Let me know if you do! I wish I had a stationary bike- that's my favorite. Good luck keeping it up!

becca said...

Way to go with the running! I need to get back to my pre-holiday exercise routine.

I clean out my closet each time I move. I need to organize it and get rid of stuff again before I move next month.

Adorable picture!