Thursday, February 18, 2010

Our continuing mission

Nathan dug out a sweet snow cave in one of the piles of snow that was plowed out from the church parking lot. It's huge- we can both fit inside. He and Orion are going to have so much fun in the snow in a few years. Nathan's my polar bear :)

The Baby Wise schedule continues to be a challenge. Once in a while Orion goes right to sleep, but more times than not he does a lot of crying. He was tired all day today because the naps he took were short and didn't make up for the energy he lost crying. Poor little thing. Last night was ok... he fell asleep in the car seat when Nathan ran errands with him last night, so he slept in there until 2:30 am! After he woke up and I fed him he cried for an hour :( Thankfully he went to sleep when I comforted him. No exciting details... I just reeeeally hope this works. I hate leaving him to cry that long and seeing him so tired all day. I'm loving the new feeding schedule, but I prefer my happy, energetic baby. I have to say though, I'm pretty excited that he's sleeping in his crib at night, even if it's not straight through.

I haven't done any running for a couple days because I was getting a pain in my leg that I was paranoid about... I kept thinking it might be a stress fracture and I didn't want to aggravate it. After talking about my dad about his experience with a stress fracture I'm now thinking it's probably just shin splints. I hope so anyway! I did walk a couple miles tonight so at least I'm doing something. Next time I run I'm supposed to go two miles straight (or 20 minutes), and I'm extremely apprehensive about that!! I'm honestly going to be shocked if I make it... I'll be totally happy if I can do one mile!

Here are the stats:
Current weight: 132.8
Goal weight: 115
Weight lost this week: 0.4
Total weight lost: 7.2
Pounds left 'til goal: 17.8

I need to step it back up with my eating and exercise. I've been doing some form of exercise daily, but not as much as I should be doing. And eating well is just hard... haha. I'm getting there. And the good news is that losing weight at the rate I am instead of super fast increases my chances of keeping it off! Hurray!

Tomorrow both Allie and my roomie becca are coming to visit, so I'm very excited :) Wish me a restful night!

1 comment:

Michelle P said...

Ouch, shin splints hurt!! Not as bad as a stress fracture, I'm sure, but ouch, nonetheless! Does Orion take a paci? Ava has this whole time and that helps. I know it's frustrating with the whole sleep thing, but, hang in there! Progress can be slow, but still...it's progress!