Friday, March 19, 2010

Four months, and spring

Orion is 4 months old today! Still the cutest baby ever, of course! We go to the doctor Monday to see how much he's grown.


We've been spending a lot of time outside the last few days since the weather has been so gorgeous- it's been great! Today I carried Orion around in the Moby wrap for a long time, part of which he napped, while I helped Nathan pick up all the sticks in the yard. It was nice to have my hands free but be able to have Orion close and happy at the same time. I think he likes being outside since there's so much to see and hear and feel.


Yes, he's holding his own bottle. He's an advanced eater.


Nathan decided today that he was going to build some rough benches for around our fire pit out of old pallets that we had sitting in the yard. He worked at it for a couple hours and got two benches done! It was really hard to pry the slats off without breaking them, but he did a good job. They're sturdy and just the right height. He's going to build two more when he gets a chance.


The two finished benches (I took all these pictures with my cell phone, so excuse the quality... although I'm pretty amazed that my phone takes pictures as good as these!)


Orion and Grandfather demonstrating how the benches work.

4 comments:

Amanda said...

wow! holding his own bottle?! lol.. the doctor will say he's "off the charts" with THAT milestone :)

Unknown said...

Hey! Good job on the benches! Those will be nice for your campfires.

Orion looks like he's got color in his cheeks. He looks like such a big boy in that first photo.

We can hardly wait to see him... I mean all of you!

Unknown said...

I nearly chose the same background you have right now (owl) but thought it would be too busy with my postcard header. Hilarious. Looks good on yours though!

baby slings said...

the first picture up there shows he probably started tanning and sun bathing in the beach :P