Thursday, July 22, 2010

Inchworm



Look who's learning to crawl! He's getting faster and faster at doing this. Unfortunately he's obsessed with power cords, so I'm really hoping he doesn't chew through one... eep!! Notice that I enticed him to crawl with a plastic water bottle. Ha!

He also pulled himself up to stand today! That one surprised me. I don't think he's close to walking yet, but standing is an important step!

I've got a new plan to try to help Orion sleep better. I've been reading that most babies around his age who eat solids regularly eat 3 bottles of 6-8 oz a day. He has been eating 3-4 oz bottles every 3 hours. I'm going to try to get him into the 3 bottle routine along with 3 meals of solids a day... I figure if he's eating more right before bed maybe he won't get hungry and wake up at night... because I really do think he should be sleeping better at this point.

Lately when he gets up at night I walk into the room to find him on his tummy with the crib bumper pulled down and his face peeking out at me. Really cute... but the mobility is making sleep extra problematic. Sigh.

Other stuff: Our refrigerator broke yesterday so they just bought a new one! It's very fancy- stainless steel, french doors, lower freezer, ice and water dispenser in the door. I guess they got it like half price because it was a discontinued model. Nice! Getting it in the door was a TIGHT squeeze, but with my wise guidance they got it in ;P

When it rains it pours... the kitchen sink also clogged last night, and today there's a growing mysterious wet spot in my living room. Our house is falling apart!!

Sooo I haven't updated on weight loss stuff for a really long time! My weight has been stuck between 120 and 121 for weeks.
Here are the stats:
Current weight: 120.2
Goal weight: 115
Weight lost this week(s): 3
Total weight lost: 19.8
Pounds left 'til goal: 5.2

I've been really really lazy lately, both about eating and exercise. I have only been running maybe once a week... it's too stinkin' hot! I was (amazingly) able to run two miles one day this week! I was pretty excited- it's been a while. I wish I felt more motivated! I keep thinking I would like to run a 10K someday, but that just sounds like an awful lot of work... haha! People kept telling me that once I reached 3 miles running would get easier... nope! Obviously I can go way farther than I used to, but it's still a lot of work!! Maybe once it gets cooler I'll start doing better again... :P

I'm looking forward to a great weekend in Michigan with friends... hope you have a good one too!

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Your life is about to get even busier!

Wow oh wow! Look at him go!

Pulling up is such a milestone! Hopefully he won't do it in the middle of the night!

He can't get strangled by the bumper can he?

The feeding routine sounds smart. He's a growing boy, and VERY busy!

Unknown said...

Oh and cool background!

Cool about the fridge.

Scary about the wet spot!

Rachel said...

No, I don't think he can get strangled in the bumper. It's tied on tight :)

Wet spot is now a pond. Sheesh. Somebody is looking at it right now. Sump pump maybe?

You can get cool backgrounds too... go into your blogger account and there's a button up top. You'll have to get rid of your cutest blog on the block gadget for it to work.

Anonymous said...

Love your videos! Saw Denny Wed and he told me I needed to check out the new posts (PROUD Grandpa!)
At the hospital with dad had his cataracts removed and could see without his glasses on the way out! Crazy! Love ya, Dee (can't get it to take my password today...so I'm anonymous again :(

Amanda said...

awww.... he can go forward! lol..ben is great at backwards :)lol.. Hope you get the food/sleep figured out... and the lake that is growing in your living room.. lol...

Michelle P said...

He's getting so big! It's nice that he's mobile now, but def. tough keeping the power cords away! Yipee about the new fridge...boo on the wet spot. Hopefully all will be better by the time you come home. Enjoy your trip :)

Amanda said...

O ya, and I was going to tell you.. (I was going to make one for Ben, because he has the same fettish with cords).. the blog on my sidebar..."The Activity Mom".. has a actual "toy" she made out of a diaper box, and she took cords, and ribbons and thread them thru the middle..like.. 10 of them.. all different... for her little boy to play with and chew on.. thought it was a good idea :) and evidently, all little kids have the desire to chew on cords...lol :)