Monday, July 19, 2010

8 Months



Weight: 16 lbs 6 oz
Length: 26 1/4 inches

He's still small for his age, but climbing the charts (about 10th percentile in both)! Grow, buddy, grow!


O is crazy about eating... everything... he loves these Baby Mum Mum crackers (thanks, Amanda!) and they keep him busy in his high chair for a while which is nice during meals :) He's eating a jar of fruit with cereal for breakfast and a jar of veggies for dinner, usually with some extras during the day. The nurse/nutritionist I talked to today recommended starting him on meat, so I think I may add lunch into his schedule. He surely won't complain!


He's also crazy about puffs. He picks them up and feeds them to himself (more like shovels them in!!) usually, but Nathan was playing with him in this picture. He's all bundled up in material I bought at Ikea to cover some pillows (should probably post pictures of those too- they turned out well!).


And the kid likes pickles. Of course. I think the only thing he doesn't like is peas. Don't worry, I don't usually feed him pickles... this was a one-time thing :P



Orion has learned to roll across the floor and I think he'll probably crawl within a month. He just needs to figure out what to do with those legs! Jumping is still his favorite thing in the world. He's always experimenting with new noises too. He loves being on his belly now and will not stay on his back in the bathtub and tries to flip on the changing table too!

He's still not sleeping very consistently at night. Last night was really weird and no fun at all- he was wide awake for like an hour and a half at around midnight. I'm tired today :P Most nights he gets up twice to eat and is ready to stay awake between 6:30 and 7:30. I wish he'd go back to eating once and sleeping til 8!!!

As always, being outside is one of his favorite things... too bad the mosquitoes keep getting him!! Here he is in his new swing (garage sale, $3 ;) with his bug bites.


In other news, Nathan and I are going to start teaching a Sunday School class! Probably 11th and 12th grade. We've been talking about teaching for soooo long, and this really fell in our laps and has been confirmed by several people at church, so we feel really good about it. We're also going to be able to get much more involved in the youth group soon so we're pretty excited about the opportunity! I think this all starts at the beginning of September.

We're keeping busy, but not too busy, thankfully! It seems like summer is finally winding down. We do have a get-together with college friends up in Michigan next weekend which I'm looking forward to.

I think O is waking up from his (too short) nap, so that's all for now! Have a great week.

6 comments:

Amanda said...

O my goodness.. is he not rediculously cute?! And, while Ben might be a better SLEEPER than Orion, your child kicks MY childs butt when it comes to STAYING in the NURSERY! :) He does so good! I watch you just drop him off and go, and he's just content and happy as can be!.. just, jumpin away! eatin puffs! and here's Ben.. screaming..me gettin buzzed every week the last 12 weeks!!haha.. B will teach O how to sleep, if O teaches B how to STAY in the NURSERY! :) Deal?! I'm not going to tell you how much he sleep for fear of jinxing myself! haha..see ya wednesday! and YAY on teaching SS! :) Fun!

Amy V said...

How cute! Excited to see you guys this weekend!

Liz said...

Great photos and videos! And I will be in MI this coming weekend...where and when will you be?

Rachel said...

Lizzy, we're going to be at Geoff & Amy's house in Brighton all weekend- you should come!! Ben, Jennifer, and becca are going to be there too. I can get you the address if you want. I was just thinking about you this morning and how long it's been since I've seen you- waaaay too long.

Unknown said...

No child (other than my own) could be cuter! Everybody loves that first photo. He looks so mischievous!

Unknown said...

I also love the photo with the pickle! Hilarious!