Thursday, August 12, 2010

The Blues


Last Saturday Nathan, Orion, and I went with my friend Kayla to Lebanon's Blues Festival. We're not really sure why it was called a blues festival... there was no blues music to be heard. It was pretty much a classic car show and carnival food. We got Italian ice and sat in the shade the whole time.



The last few days I've been spending all my time with Rachel! We painted her grandma's room (it needed it so badly!! It's now light blue and tan instead of extremely dingy yellow.) and prepped the bathroom (also dingy yellow) for painting. That took all afternoon yesterday... I hate wallpaper. OK, it was just a border, but still. We also had fondue, shish-kebobs, and bacon apple burgers and watched a lot of Avatar: The Last Airbender, so it was a pretty good week :)

Silly Aunt Rachel

Spackle!


Crawling boy! For Nana Jones :)

Oh, and Orion (and I) took a 2 1/2 hour nap this morning!! That never happens! It was glorious.

8 comments:

Amanda said...

He is too darn cute :) It's like, he crawled to you.. and then just sat laid there..like.. ok.. now what :) I guess I will just smile! :) He's a doll.. crazy how much he and Ben are developing at the same pace!.. Sweet, sweet :)

Unknown said...

He sure looks Lambes-like in that first photo! Looks like he loves his Papa in the second! What a cute boy!! Thanks for the video! He crawls like a worm sorta. lol Hilarious! We're anxious to see all of you before long.

Unknown said...

oh, and that mouth action at the end cracks me up!

Amy V said...

Look at him go! :) Very cute! ... You better tie up any power cords you have! They are really in danger now!

Angie said...

So cute! It makes me miss Liam when he was just a little bundle like that... suddenly he became a little boy instead of a baby and I can't catch the kid these days! Your boy is so precious, I'm happy for you :)

Angie said...

So cute! It makes me miss Liam when he was just a little bundle like that... suddenly he became a little boy instead of a baby and I can't catch the kid these days! Your boy is so precious, I'm happy for you :)

Amanda said...

Hey Rach :) I will just comment on your blog to get to your question about the block that B was standing by.. Yes, I think it is stong enought to pull up on.. I had it with Jake, Nate, and now Ben.. and none of them have ever flipped it.. and I know that they have all pulled up on it...so.. I got it when Jake was born..so.. it's about 5 years old.. but, it's still a popular toy, and you can still get the exact one in the store. However! I see this EVERY.SINGLE.TIME. I go to Once Upon a Child.. so, you might check there first.. (of course now they wont have it since you're specifically looking for it, huh) :) anyways!.. You get these clear blocks to go with it.. and you can purchase them separately with different themes in them.. phew.. dont know that u wanted to know that much info.. but, YES.. its stong enough to pull up on. hahaha.. see ya tonight!

Unknown said...

Hi, Heard about this video at Callie's birthday party today and just had to see it! Can't believe how big he's getting!!!!!