Thursday, August 19, 2010

9 Months




It's true! Little O is 9 months old today! Isn't that crazy? He's been outside my belly [almost] as long as he was in it! He's getting so big.

Weight: 17 lbs 1oz
Length: 28 inches

The boy grew 1 and 3/4 inches in a month!! Whoa! He went from the 10th percentile to the 50th! Holy growth spurt, Batman! I had expected him to gain a lot of weight this month because he eats SO much, but I guess all that food went to his height instead. 5th percentile for weight :P


Swimming with Auntie Rachel! See those little teeth? :) He's working on one on top right now!


He's crawling around like crazy, hanging out with Charles, climbing on stuff. He's still doing the army crawl thing, but sometimes he gets up on his knees and rocks. Don't know if he'll ever crawl on his knees or just skip that part.


He's getting pretty good at standing up holding on to something. The child has no fear... he'll hold on with one hand and do something else, hold on with no hands like in this picture... fall over a lot... I think if he wasn't always dancing around he'd be a lot better at standing on his own :P

Oh, and he crawled right out of these pants the other day. Ha!

Orion grew his first bubble beard this week. Exciting stuff! His daddy was very proud.

Orion's friend Eliana was born yesterday! Our friends Geoff and Amy (buddies from college) had their first baby at 8:37 yesterday morning... a beautiful little girl weighing 8lbs 3oz, 20 inches long. We're going up to Michigan to meet her next weekend!!

Well O and I are going over to Heavenly Hand-Me-Downs at church for our daily free shopping trip :P We have a cookout tonight, a meeting about youth group tomorrow, then my parents are coming for a couple days, then fun stuff at church Sunday... whew! Have a great weekend :)

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Orion just gets cuter all the time which seems impossible! Can't believe he's nearly a year old already!! Can hardly wait to visit!

Amanda said...

That first pic is adorable :) His looks are changing so much! (I think I say that every month) but THIS time I'm serious! :) He's a doll.. and as always.. love when you say "Holy _____ Batman!" whatever it is... because I say that too :) And yes, that it a big jump in height! Go O! Isn't that funny we both call our kids by the first letter of their name? :) Best of Buds, B and 0...lol.. I always like your month update.. oh, and I love how you comment on my blog.. you always hit on each subject..lol.. you're good :)

Amanda said...

Hey girl! Sorry all the confusion on the phone! Read my blog and it will explain..lol..SO! I REALLY wanna go Saturday, but, truth is.. I don't actually NEED anything..lol.. I would still like to go though.. and hang out with ya a bit..but, seriously... I can not talk a bit...so.. I don't know how long this is going to linger on.. I don't think I wil have it back by Sat. morning.. and even if I did.. dunno how much I should talk...lol.. and you know.. that's all I do.. so.. :) Can I let you know for sure tomorrow? Was anyone else going with you? Last year YOU were sick.. and now ME!;(

Amanda said...

OK... sorry for all the messages.. but, its Friday morning.. and, I can tell you already.. theres no way I can go tomorrow.. :( I don't even know if I can come to church SUNDAY! It's "better".. but.. even "better" isn't "good".. or even half good.. this is crazy! The boys keeps saying.."Mommy, I cant wait till you can talk again!" I never realized how many times a day I TALK! Not just carrying on a story.. but.. just like.."no no no..".. and "Beeen..dont do that.."lol.. best part of all this though? They whisper because I'm whispering! haha.. I think they think its a game! My mom came and was the "sub" yesterday for homeschool for Jake..haha... ok.. TALKtty hopefully! Phone still out. It's in a bowl of rice... it's like a cat I think and has 9 lives.. it's been soaked in rice 4 times now.. and it's always came back!...hahaha.. comment to this, or comment my blog so I know you got this... OR email me...amandalrust@yahoo.. sorry Rach!:(