Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Catch up!


I ran two 5Ks in October and never posted about them! The first was on October 16 in Germantown. I ran with Kaylee, a buddy from our youth group. I was able to run the whole way! I finished in 35:30 which is... really slow... but hey, as long as I didn't stop to walk I'm happy! That's actually pretty close to my time from my first 5K.


The second race was the Raptor Run at the Creation Museum in Cincinnati. Allie and Rachel ran with me! Actually, Rachel smoked us, but Allie stuck with me :P I ended up having to walk a couple times which stunk, but I was actually wheezing/gasping for air so I'm glad I did! It seemed weird that I had just run the same distance the week before so much more easily... but this course was a lot more hilly and I think the baby is hogging my energy. Oh well!


I realized that I never really posted the "end results" and "after" pictures from my weight loss journey! I never reached my actual goal, but I'm very happy with where I ended up anyway. I'm 8 lbs less than I was before I was pregnant with Orion, so I call that a victory in itself!

Here are the stats:
Current weight: 120ish
Starting weight: 140
Goal weight: 115
Total weight lost: 20 lbs


Aaaand...drumroll please... the before and after pictures!!



Hurraaaay! :D

(let's just ignore the fact that I'm going to have to do it all again in less than a year... ;)

3 comments:

Amanda said...

Oh my goodness! Those before and after pictures are incredible! Funny how you never think the person needs to lose weight until u see the after pics. (u know what I mean.. Lol) craziness!! U did awesome!! Yes, just don't think about having to do that again next year. Haha. We will have to rejoin the weight loss class at church together again ;) awesome job. Congrats again. And you look great :)

Unknown said...

You look like one of those ads for weight loss pills! Wow!

Congrats on the 2 x 5k runs!

Good you're having your babies while you're young. I had Andy when I was 35 and I was never so tired in my life!

Michelle P said...

Woo hoo! I'm so proud of you :) Who knew you were such a runner! And congrats on little one...weren't we preggo at the same time last time? Close anyhow. hope all is well!