Thursday, July 14, 2011

Des is 2 weeks old!


Wow, Desmond is two weeks old already! Honestly it feels like he's been around a lot longer than that- I can hardly imagine life without him!



Desmond's first bath at home. I feel the need to bathe him more than I did Orion because Desmond has more hair! He just had his first non-sponge-bath in the sink tonight... he did not like it... and he peed on me. :P


Let's not forget little O! He's still obsessed with being outside, and now he has both a sandbox and a little pool to play in so he'd be happy out there forever. Today was actually beautiful instead of insanely hot so I actually enjoyed sitting outside with him!


Orion has been on a lot of bike rides lately!! His grandparents are constantly taking him out on rides (sometimes to Dairy Queen- lucky duck), and he went out with his Daddy tonight to the park. Grandma found him some pretty cool shades... haha!


This is what Desmond does much of the day... haha! Rolled up on the couch sandwiched between two pillows. He's actually been awake a lot more the last few days... I think that's a little frustrating to both him and us because he's too little to play, and all he knows to do when he's awake is eat! But right now he's just chillin on the floor with Daddy, just looking at him, so that's nice :)

He is doing fabulously at night with sleep. He sleeps in his car seat (lined with a soft blanket) in his pack n play. He sleeps 2 1/2 to 3 1/2 hours at a time, gets up to eat, and goes right back to sleep. It's amazing. On the rare occasion that he won't go to sleep he sleeps with me in my bed, but that's not happening much. We usually also nap together in the afternoon.


Look who's being a good big brother! Orion is slowly warming up to Des... he usually slows down and looks at Desmond if he walks by. He likes to play with Desmond's pacifiers and will shove them in Desmond's mouth if asked :P We have to watch O pretty closely because he doesn't really understand how to be gentle, but he will pet Des if you tell him to be nice :)

And lastly a little smile :) Today was my first day with both boys completely to myself (until Nathan got home of course... but Robin is out of town). It went well! It was a very low-key day with lots of TV time, but that's ok. I'm thankful Orion is so content to hang out in his crib in the morning because they keep getting up at the same time! I'm sure I'll continue to get the hang of things, but I'm pleased with how well having two little ones is going! Thank you, Lord, for a mellow baby!!

3 comments:

Sadie VK said...

Girl, you're giving me baby fever!! So glad O is warming up to Des . . . and that Des is a mellow baby! Loved the pictures!

Amanda said...

Oh my word. I love the couch wedged pic. Haha. Whatever works! He is a dollbaby! If I weren't prego, I would be very soon :) see you Sunday?!

Anonymous said...

What neat pictures. You have two beautiful little boys. And I know what you mean about little boys and outside...that is what they love the best. Not bad when it's NOT SO HOT!! But, they are not little for long, so I usually endure the heat. :) Becky T.