Saturday, February 1, 2014

Naming



That's right, the little girl has a name!
Cecelia Le Lambes

Cecelia is a name we've both liked for a long time, so when we found out our baby was a girl it was kind of a natural shift to actually start thinking of her by that name. We also like the nicknames Cece and Celia. Cecelia is Latin in origin and means "way of the blind," or simply "blind." Saint Cecelia is the patron saint of music.

Le is my and my mom's middle name. It's a combination my mom's two grandma's names: L is for Leah and E is for Edith. I also found out it means "joy" in Chinese :)

I love being able to call my baby by her name instead of just "the baby!"


I did my first major baby clothing shopping on Wednesday because Once Upon a Child was having a 70% off clearance items sale. I ended up getting a LOT because the prices seemed too good to pass up and I was able to find such nice things. The onesies were 30 cents each and the sleepers and outfits were about $1. I also got a crib sheet, bassinet sheets, and a couple SwaddleMe blankets. I only bought newborn and 0-3 month sizes so we'll have what we need for the first few months. It's true... shopping for girl clothes is fun :) I was also given a box of hand-me-downs yesterday as well as a few things Robin bought, so we're really going to have to get a move on with our storage situation! We bought a used dresser that needs some TLC, but it's too cold to work on it. Soon, I hope!

No comments: