Monday, August 22, 2016

First day of school 2016


Today was our first day of school for the 2016-2017 school year! I was going to wait until Labor Day, but after reviewing our schedule for the year I decided to get the ball rolling!

We started off the day with giant cornmeal pancakes, and then we jumped into our school day. We worked on a few things and then took a break to get the boys' hair cut (they love going to Great Clips, so it made the day extra special for them), eat lunch, and spend some time outside on this BEAUTIFUL day! We then put Cece down for her nap and finished up our school day. I think I like splitting up the day, so I may integrate that into our daily schedule.

I think the day went pretty well overall. At the beginning I thought it was going too fast/I didn't have enough material, but it ended up basically filling up the whole day. I'm sure we'll get into more of a groove as time goes on.


I'm not sure how I feel about the fauxhawk on this dude.


But this guy is rocking it.


We're going to attempt something unique this year and do school in three month chunks with a month off in between. So we'll have a month off around Thanksgiving, a month off in early March (perfect for Baby's arrival!), and a month off in June. When I looked at the calendar and saw how perfectly the breaks landed for our vacation plans and Baby, I figured it was worth a shot. Plus, having a month off three times a year sounds amazing!

Wish me luck... and energy ;)

No comments: