Sunday, November 13, 2016

Baby #4: 24 weeks and a name


How far along? 24 weeks
Total weight gain/loss: +11
Maternity clothes? Yep! 
Sleep: Good
How I'm feeling: Great! Just sciatic pain sometimes. Tired.
Best moment this week: Deciding on the perfect name.
Movement: Yes, a lot more! She is especially active after I eat and when I lay down.
Food cravings: Various fast food (ones I've wanted a lot are KFC, Arby's, and Taco Bell).
Food aversions: None
Gender: It's a GIRL!!!
Labor Signs: None
Belly Button in or out? In/flat
What I miss: Balanced hormones (these girls do a number on me).
What I am looking forward to: Passing the glucose test (fingers crossed)
Milestones: Choosing a name! Also, I've already started hearing, "How long do you have left? Oh. You're really big!" Haha, I know it. No hiding this baby.




We thought long and hard about it, and we finally agreed on a name that we both love for our little girl. Her name is:

Hazel Hope Lambes

I made the mistake of showing Orion my list of baby name ideas months ago, and he's been telling everyone he meets that we're having a little sister named Hazel ever since. Thankfully, I really do love that name (and we really are having a girl), and it seemed only natural to stick with it. Her middle name was much harder! We inadvertently started a pattern with the rest of our kids (and even us) of having a double initial... our initials are NLL, RLL, OLL, DDL, CLL... and now HHL. I know it's silly, but I know kids notice this stuff and I didn't want Hazel to be left out! We wanted an H middle name, but there are very few out there, and we couldn't agree. Nathan suggested Hope early on, but at the time I rejected it right away; I just didn't like it. But things have been so tumultuous and uncertain in our country and in the lives of some of our loved ones lately that we have been talking a lot about the concept of hope both at home and in our Bible Study. The hope that we have in Christ is an integral part of our identity and the one thing that keeps us going when things are difficult or frightening. We know that we have nothing to fear because we have the hope that only Christ offers. We pray that Hazel will experience this unshakable hope in her life as we have. 


No comments: