Monday, April 24, 2017

Hazel: One Month Old


Can you believe that Hazel-nut (yeah, that's her nickname...) is already a month old? Actually, she's over five weeks old now, I just stink at blogging.


This girl is still a sleepy baby! YES. She naps in the swing during the day, and sleeps swaddled in a bassinet by my bed at night. She usually gets up 1-3 times during the night and goes right back to sleep after nursing. I feel very lucky to have restful nights!!

She is generally pretty easy to please, but sometimes she gets MAD in the evening around bed time, wants to nurse over and over, and won't settle down. I've had better luck with her the last week and we haven't had any trouble. It's frustrating when it happens, but I can't complain.


I'm always happy to share :) Hazel will let anyone hold her so far... I hope she stays that way! Sometimes mama needs a break! She has even been staying in the nursery at church and doing fine until she gets hungry. She will not take a pacifier which is a little unexpected, but as long as she stays a good sleeper I'm totally ok with that.



This week Hazel has started making eye contact and smiling at me! She smiled a lot before, but now it's AT people. She has also been "talking" and cooing a lot. It's stinkin' adorable and makes me really happy.


Baby loves her bath! We have a GIANT kitchen sink, perfect for baths. Hazel really seems to enjoy herself as long as I keep pouring warm water on her.

She has pretty bad baby acne right now, so I hope that clears up soon!


Hazel had her one month checkup today. Here are the stats:

Height: 20 inches (28th percentile)
Weight: 9 lbs 10 oz (47th percentile)
Head: 14.57 inches (52nd percentile)

I was so surprised and excited that she weighed 9 lbs 10 oz!! I'm sooo hoping her weight won't drop off the charts like her siblings (really thinking the early tongue tie revision should help). I'm being as laid-back as possible with nursing... I couldn't even tell you how often she eats, but I think it varies a lot. I feel like my supply is good, and her weight gain is really encouraging. She's a healthy girl so far!


We took a family picture on Easter. I love it. :)

No comments: