Thursday, September 13, 2007

Commander Bunn Bunn

I have a confession to make. I'm a sucker for a fluffy animal. To make matters worse, so is my wife. Combine these two factors together, and you can just imagine what our future home is going to look like. That's right, you're going to have to shoo the squirrels off the table before you can eat breakfast in our home. Whenever you visit. Theoretically.

So, whenever we visit a pet store, we walk out wanting something else. A couple weeks ago in Indiana, it was a kitty. Last weekend with Geoff and Amy it was a bearded dragon. This week, it was the nicest, cutest little bunny you ever laid eyes on.

When I walked by the tank they had her in, she hopped over to see me. I reached down into the tank and she started to nuzzle my hand. I picked her up and she started to nuzzle my beard and lick my arm, just for good measure. Needless to say, Rachel and I fell in love with the little lapine. But we thought that an impulse buy was probably a bad thing, so we put the bunny back in it's tank and resolved to think it over.

As we walked away, she hopped on top of her little plastic house and watched us walk away. As we walked by the front of the store on our way outside, she hopped over and put her paw up against the glass.

Yeah, I know. How could we resist.

We're calling her Hla-roo, right now until we think of something better. It means "little one" in the rabbit language in Watership Down.

3 comments:

Amy V said...

CUTE!!! :) But aren't you probably not supposed to have her... and where does she sleep?
But, CUTE!!! I don't blame you at all.

Anonymous said...

Remember, Rabbit pee smells real bad!!! They can be taught to use your bathroom.

Unknown said...

So cute! Freddy the cat's little bunny brother! Let's not put them together though.