Thursday, April 17, 2008

Catch me up

We've been keeping plenty busy, so that's my excuse for not updating recently! The girls are both at school, so I have a few minutes to fill you in on what we've been up to. Work has been going well for me. I had two very long days on Tuesday and Wednesday- I got to work at 6:15 and left between 5:30 and 6:00. The girls' mom was traveling for work and their dad leaves early to commute. This job is much better suited for me than other jobs I've had, so I'm very thankful for that. Nathan is still doing his thing, but he doesn't seem to be getting any closer to full-time. I hope that changes soon.

Last weekend we attended and worked at (check back later for pretty pretty pictures!!) the Family Driven Faith conference at Hillcrest. It was great. It gave us so much to think about and I feel like I learned a ton about what it means to follow the biblical model for family/parenting. The speaker was Voddie Baucham- this guy:


And was based on his book, which I bought and am currently reading:


I'll let you know how it is and recommend it if it's anything like what we experienced at the conference.

Our garden is still doing pretty well. We have a couple hardy little broccolis and a few spindly onions, and the strawberry plants are now nice and green. I want to get the real garden plowed within the next couple weeks so we can plant the rest.

Nathan is playing with his band at Urbancrest on Friday so we were there for practice last night. I got to spend some time talking with our friend Cliff, so that was really nice. We might also go to Urbancrest on Saturday because it's their missions weekend and they're having a "taste of the world" thing... and we're into food.

Andrew taught me how to string my guitar! So I strung my guitar all by myself for the very first time- I feel so cool and musician-al. And it sounds amaaazing. Seriously, worlds better than it did. The strings haven't been changed in forever and I didn't realize how bad it sounded. But wow, it's such a difference. And that makes me want to play, which is a good thing!

I should probably go try to find some things to do around here. Have a great day!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

The weekend sounds like it was great. Glad you enjoyed it. You'll have to tell us about the book.

Also glad you like your job. It's really a fairly good one. As you know, jobs are so hard to find right now!

Good on you for learning to string your guitar! A good skill to have. Nice you are playing again.

Amy V said...

I wanna know about that book. :)

Rachel said...

I thought you might, Amy :)

becca said...

I'm glad your job is going well. That sounds like a good conference.

I miss your guitar playing. Awesome that you learned to string your own guitar!