I was tagged by EllaJac from Aspiring to Simplicity, one of my new favorite blogs. I love these things and was secretly hoping to be tagged... haha! How sad ;) Anyway, here it is:
1. Post the rules on your blog
2. Write 6 random things about yourself
3. Tag 6 people at the end of your post
4. If you're tagged, DO IT and pass on the tag
Six random things...
1. I have a strange and long standing desire to raise chickens. I remember asking my parents if I could have chickens in high school, and they said "no" with the excuse that I was going to leave for college in a couple years and didn't want to get stuck taking care of poultry. I guess that was probably a good decision on their part ;) Reading Aspiring to Simplicity has rekindled that desire once again, so I have chickens on the brain.
2. I have an obsessive personality. OK, I think that's a bit strong, but I have the tendency to get super excited about something for a while and think about it constantly. I don't think it's a very good trait.
3. I love to experiment with cooking. I rarely use a recipe for anything and enjoy "playing with my food." Sometimes I totally fail and make bad (or more often boring) food, but that's all part of the game... and I'm a really good loser so that's ok! ;) I have not, however, experimented with baking. I hear it's a lot more picky and I think if I tried to change something I'd screw it up. The most I've done is add peanut butter or chocolate chips to a recipe.
4. I cannot seem to get myself to read my Bible daily... I don't know what it's going to take to get me to do it!! I have had some really awesome experiences in the Word lately- feeling like it was really speaking to me- but still this does not get me to read every day. It's pathetic. I know I can do so much better.
5. I'm really cheap. I love to go shopping, especially for clothes, but have extremely low limits on the money I will spend on each item. Thank goodness for thrift stores, consignment shops, and clearance racks!!
6. I loooove antique kitchen stuff. It's pretty AND functional! When the insides of your kitchen cupboards are pretty, you've got to smile.
Um, looks like I have to tag six people... if any of you don't want to play you don't have to!
Nathan from this blog... hehe
My mom from The View from Napoleon
My dad (I sort of cheated- my parents share a blog :P)
My brother Andy from DurMan in Japan
Lorna from Lorna's Thunks
Michelle from The Peoples Family