Sunday, January 4, 2009

Ham and Jam and Spamalot


We've had a busy couple of days, and I'm tired out. Let me fill you in.

Wednesday and Thursday of course we were in Michigan for New Year's with friends, then Friday we worked and then spent the evening playing games with the family.


Saturday we got dressed up and drove to downtown Cincinnati to see Spamalot at the Aronoff Center. Nathan had given me the tickets for Christmas and he got us great seats in the first row of the first balcony. The show was so funny and really fun to watch. Everything about it was really well done. It was an afternoon well spent!

On the way home we stopped at Ikea because Nathan had also given me a gift card. That, of course, took a looong time, but we ended up buying a big red bookshelf and some pretty boxes to store all my sewing/plushie stuff. However, when we were loading it into the car I failed to stop it from banging to the floor of the trunk. When we got home and opened the box one of the boards was broken in half. Go figure. We managed to have a good evening anyway watching Riki Tiki Tavi and Mythbusters and Allie and I made mittens out of sweaters! Mine are the plain green ones. They're really cozy!


This morning we went to church and afterwards made the obligitory grilled cheese and tomato soup. We left immediately afterwards for Ikea so we could try to return the bookshelf. Instead of giving me a new one they ripped open a new box and pulled out the board I needed... not sure why they didn't just give me the new one... but whatever- at least I have an unbroken bookshelf!! We ended up ditching the box and just loading the seperate pieces into the car... I think that was really easier anyway. We dropped it off at home and headed to the mall to do some returns and shopping. Nate dropped me off and went to a media exchange place and got some Futurama DVDs, GameStop to get Harvest Moon Rune Factory 2, and to Boarders to get Serenity comics. I got a sweater, some tights, a skirt, a dress, and some lotion (all on sale, of course! Plus store credit from returns). We got home just in time for church. OK, a couple minutes late.

After church we went out to dinner with the family to celebrate Robin's birthday, which is tomorrow. The food was reeeally good :)

We put together the bookshelf and it looks great! It's reeeally tall. I've got all the boxes filled up with sewing stuff already. See how pretty!?


I need to head to bed pretty soon. I start my new job in the morning... wish me luck!!!

4 comments:

becca said...

Wow. That's a pretty good week. I knew you would like Spamalot. I want to take my Dad to see it. I love your shelf and cute boxes.

Good luck with the job!

Unknown said...

Your party looked fun.

Glad Spamalot was good. I wasn't sure how it would be without the big stars in it.

The shelf is very nice and looks pretty with the boxes on it. Weird about opening a new box and pulling out the board you needed.

I really like your sewing desk as well. So cute. I've never had one myself and always had to use a table.

Good luck on your new job. Hope it goes well and you like it.

*love & hugs*

Unknown said...

Oh, and the gloves are way cool! Where did that idea come from?

Rachel said...

Allie's friend Kelly had the idea. They're cute!

John Cleese was the voice of God.