Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Waiting for Spring

Nathan's interview went well, and I got to go in to talk to the Primerica folks too. Turns out it's a lot like Mary Kay in that you are technically self-employed and you make money when your clients spend money. It really seems like a good company and we like what they're doing, but it's really not a good fit for Nathan's personality. Looks like it's a no.

Nathan's practicing with the band from Urbancrest for Dust weekend, which is coming up soon! I'm excited.

We're going to see three more houses on Saturday! The first one looks super sweet. We'll see!

I'm getting really excited about starting up the garden this year! I'm ready for spring. Unfortunately I have to wait like two months before the last frost. Bummer.

OK, time for Lost! See ya!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

This is a great time of year for a gardener! When I had a garden I'd spend those late winter months pouring over seed catalogs choosing the best varieties and planning how I would lay out the garden. The best part is that you can do this from the comfort of your favorite chair and not have to pull a single weed!
I always liked Johnny's seed catalog best - here's a link to their site http://www.johnnyseeds.com/

Let us know haw the house hunting goes!

love- dad

EllaJac said...

TWO months??? You're complaining about TWO months?

I have no sympathy.

Just kidding.. kinda. But there ARE things you can plant (were you to be certain of a garden) before the last frost date...

Rachel said...

Haha, how long do you have to wait EllaJac?? I'm just excited about spring! :)

I'm thinking of starting some seeds early inside, but I'd need to buy some stuff in order to do that... so not sure. Looking back at my blog posts from last year we started everything earlier than the "last frost date" anyway, so maybe I don't have to that long.

...I'm such an amateur... ha!

Unknown said...

That first house intrigues me. (the one with the underground garage) Anxious to hear about it. ~Mom