Friday, May 22, 2009

16 Weeks

Avocado baby! Nobody tell it I don't do Mexican food at the moment, so guacamole is out of the question. Although I think eating the representation of Baby would be a little weird...

How far along? 16 weeks even
Total weight gain/loss:
Still nothing; maybe a pound. Weird!!
Maternity clothes? Pants.
Sleep: Slightly disrupted because I'm trying not to sleep on my back or stomach, plus I've been having to get up to pee in the early morning.
Best moment this week: My sister-in-law Rachel's excitement over my belly (I think it's more obvious to other people than it is to me)
Movement:
Maybe??
Food cravings:
Craving of the week is a McDonald's vanilla ice cream cone. Don't know why, but it's been on my mind all week.
Food aversions: Mexican food (and even things associated with it like peppers)
Gender:
Unknown
Labor Signs:
None (and let's keep it that way for a good long while)
Belly Button in or out?
In (although shockingly shallow on Wednesday)
What I miss:
Cold lunchmeat sandwiches
What I am looking forward to:
Feeling the baby move for sure, being confident in my bump instead of self-conscious
Milestones:
Not being able to "suck it in" all the way any more

I wasn't going to post these, but since I'm sure many of you are curious, here are a couple belly pictures. The first one was taken at 13 weeks, the second this Wednesday at 15 weeks 5 days. It was taken in the evening so it's pretty much the biggest I've been, but there ya go.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Definitely looking the part now! Looks good!

Pearl's daughter hasn't gained any weight either.

becca said...

YAY!! So ADORABLE!!!! :D YAY

Yea, it would be bad to eat the representation of the baby so it is convenient that you don't like Mexican food. :P

I'm so happy about all this! I found a great dresser for you at Ikea in the cheapstuff brokenalittle section... and I can't find it online so I'm thinking maybe it was the last one, bummer. But they do have a cheap dresser I saw so you should look! (This is Amy, by the way :P)

Amy V said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Amy V said...

From the Veliquettes: We like your belly! :D

EllaJac said...

Can't 'suck it in' at 16 weeks? I have no sympathy. I lose that ability around 4 weeks, I think. Not due to size, but due to discomfort, feeling icky, and the muscles just not cooperating or something.

But yeah, that "is she pregnant or just fat?" stage is always crummy. :)