Thursday, June 4, 2009

Picture Post!

We've had a busy couple weeks, and our work is finally picture-worthy! First of all I want to make you all jealous of the strawberries you see above. These grew in our garden. Oh. My. Gosh. Most delicious strawberries ever. It's a wonder we haven't eaten them all yet. If we let them get too ripe on the plants the ants eat them, so I guess we'll have to pick them a little early.

Next is our very exciting painting projects! We painted our bedroom and bathroom lovely bright colors. The bedroom was previously kind of a grayish tanish, and the bathroom was white. I'm really excited to freshen them up! The actual color of the bedroom is actually brighter than in these pictures.




Part of the bedroom makeover project was painting the bedframe, which took waaaaay longer than expected. Priming, spray painting, sanding, priming, spray painting, sanding, spray painting, spray painting... but it's done and it looks great!! It had a pretty finish before but it was SO beat up (plus a piece was detached, which Nathan fixed). I think it looks wonderful. Picture of "before" below.


And the bathroom! ...which we started a really long time ago. Haha! But we finally got it finished. I'm still thinking about painting the trim (I already have the paint) but not sure it looks bad enough to actually get me to do it ;) Love the color!


Can you spot Charlie? He loves licking that spot of the shower... I guess water must gather there. Weird-o.


I wanted to show you my new-ish counter storage. I found these metal planters on the dollar wall at Target and thought they'd be perfect to organize our cluttered counter top. They work great and are much nicer looking than scattered toiletries!


Charlie! He's getting huge. This picture isn't from the last few days either. He's also even more monsterous. I feel bad for the other cats... he attacks them non-stop. I hope he mellows out sooner rather than later... I hope...


I'm adding a new "bump" picture to my 17 Week pregnancy post below. 18 weeks tomorrow! Wow, how time flies.

6 comments:

Amy V said...

WOW! To everything. Great bedroom and bath... those tin things are cool... I've seen them too but wasn't ever sure what I'd do with them, that's a great idea. Charlie is huge... we need a size comparison though. :) Cute belly!

Katie said...

i love the colors you picked, very bright and cheerful! and the bedframe looks great, those things always take more work than you think they will :-) and charlie is still super cute.

becca said...

I love the colors. The toiletries organizer idea is brilliant. I'm going to have to remember that!

Your strawberries are making me jealous.

Your cat is adorable.

Sadie VK said...

Love the bathroom color!! Everything else looks great, too. You've been busy!

And your bump is ADORABLE!

Unknown said...

The rooms look great! Love the colors! They match your towels now don't they? The bed looks great as well.

Charlie is getting very big and is so cute. Glad his eye healed up. Maybe getting him neutered will help mellow him out, although I doubt it!

Jael Paris said...

I'm jealous of the berries. I want to grow some too!

Love the bedroom!