Monday, October 12, 2009

35 Weeks, plus Bonus Features

The baby cage, aka nursery. They started building it this weekend! YAY! They're using metal beams, which is really interesting. They bolted tracks into the concrete floor (right through the carpet) and suspended wooden contraptions from the beams above the drop ceiling so the metal track could be bolted right INTO to drop ceiling... The guy in charge is a smart fella and came up with all kinds of interesting ways to do things. Hopefully they'll be back with wiring, drywall, and a door later this week to finish the job. I can't wait to paint and get everything situated!! Nathan and Andrew built the crib and we put the bedding in... it looks SO cute. But I won't share that until I can show you the finished nursery, so you'll just have to wait with bated breath.


The baby shower at Hillcrest was awesome and huge and so exhausting. Our church family is so amazing and generous and we got so much of what we needed for Orion. My shopping list is very small, and I even have gift cards to cover it. Thank you SO much, everyone!!

^I loved the pretty pretty cake- notice how the design matches the plates and napkins! So cute!

^Most of the pictures are me sitting awkwardly (can you blame me?) and making goofy faces as I open presents (apparently I make a lot of goofy faces), but here's one with a cheesy grin. Robin wrote down all the gifts/givers for me, Allie repacked the bags after I opened them, and Rachel was official photographer. A couple girls from church handed me gifts... so I never had to move! Very nice :)

^Me and my friend Amanda, who helped plan the shower! She's due two weeks after me with baby Benjamin. We're planning on meeting half way and having our babies together. Ha! I love how differently we're shaped... and how short I am even though I'm wearing heels. :P

^Many of the gifts I received. Yeah, there's more. These people are amazing. THANK YOU!!


How far along? 35 Weeks even
Total weight gain/loss: +27 lbs

Maternity clothes? Yeah... I'm running out of things to wear...
Sleep: Not bad... except when I want to turn over. That's just too difficult and mildly painful... I think I'm pulling muscles just trying to move around.
Best moment this week: Baby shower, nursery wall being started
Movement: Sometimes he beats me up! Ouch!
Food cravings: None.
Food aversions: Mexican food (especially Chipotle)
Gender: BOY!
Labor Signs: None.
Belly Button in or out? Out... actually, it's kind of getting stretched into oblivion
What I miss: Sleeping on my back and belly, not being sore, being able to wear whatever I want out of my closet
What I am looking forward to:
Not being pregnant! Hahaha! Yeah, I finally reached that point I never thought I'd reach.
Milestones: Today is 35/35. Meaning I'm at 35 weeks, and I have 35 days left til the due date. WOW. That's a small number.

I thought this was kind of entertaining/amazing. This is me at 30 weeks vs. 35 weeks. TAKE THAT to everyone who said "you probably won't get much bigger" about a month ago. Ummm... baby isn't going to stop growing anytime soon, so neither am I. People have also switched from saying "but your belly is so little!" to "he's going to be a big boy." Le sigh. Silly people.

5 comments:

Amanda said...

Ah! Thats hilarious! AND.. that's also the comment that kept me from going to church the last couple weeks of my pregnancy...lol... the "wow, you're going to have a big baby" comment.... the first few people... it's like.. "ya..thanks"... but then by the end... your like... "no kidding?! are you saying I'm huge or what?!" lol... I know they never mean anything by it...but if they only knew how many people say it...lol... and your comment about your belly button cracked me up.. If it was an "outie" at 14 weeks... what WOULD you call it now?!... lol..it's eventually gonna pull flat! lol.. cute pics.. and cute post!..

Unknown said...

Wow, what a haul of gifts! Cool!

Whoa, Orion is really growing fast!!

Amy V said...

:D I know, I know... I was one of the "belly won't get much bigger" people... but :P pbblt my sister-in-law didn't. :)
YAY how exciting, your nursery started and the baby shower!! :D You are so cute preggy lady. :)

Rachel said...

Haha, I don't blame you, Amy. Everybody is different! :)

rachel said...

Your belly is so big because your so small (not short, but fun size!) Poor kid has nowhere else to go but out. If I ever got pregnant on the other hand, I have so much torso that the kid wouldn't know what to do with itself.

You're still the cutest pregnant lady I know. Which is saying something, because I know a lot of pregnant ladies at the moment.