Tuesday, October 20, 2009

36 Weeks


At my ultrasound yesterday the lady doing it decided to "play" and switch the machine over to 3D... it was the most amazing thing I've ever seen! I got to see Orion's face so clearly (oh my gosh is he cute), watch him yawn and smile and even "cry" (if a baby can cry in utero... picture above). Yeah, I definitely cried for this one. Look at these amazing pictures...


^sleepy baby. The stuff you see in front of his face in all these pictures is the umbilical cord, plus random body parts. His foot was right by his face during the ultrasound.


^smiling!

^This looks like a cry, but it was actually a yawn.


^Pretty sure he has his mama's nose (definitely, looking at the profile pics) and his papa's mouth.


^His nose is squashed up against something...


^This is a regular ultrasound photo, but I hope you can see what I saw. He was blowing bubbles!! I had no idea they could do that! So cool. ...and like I said, my nose.

Also, great news: the placenta issue is resolved! It's now far enough away from the cervix that they're not worried about having to do a C-Section. What a relief!! One less thing to worry about.

This somehow ended up being the cheapest ultrasound, but also the best. Huh. I think I just got extra nice doctors this time. If I'm going to have to have four ultrasounds, at least they ended on a good note!

____

All day Saturday Nathan and I attended a childbirth preparation class at the hospital. It was SO good and helpful... I feel much more prepared and educated which makes me less nervous. And that's really nice :) I know I can never be REALLY prepared, but at least I have something to go on now! I also took a breastfeeding class last night (also super helpful) and we have a baby care class tonight and next Tuesday. Hurray! Oh, and along with this class package I get a massage!! Just waiting for the lady to call me back to schedule it.

____

How far along? 36 Weeks, 1 Day
Total weight gain/loss: +27 lbs
... no weight gain this week?!
Maternity clothes? Yep... some of my maternity shirts are now too short. Ha!
Sleep: Mostly good
Best moment this week: Seeing my baby in 3D, finding out the placenta is no longer low-lying
Movement: Crazy ninja baby! Ouch!
Food cravings: None.
Food aversions: Mexican food (especially Chipotle)
Gender: BOY!
Labor Signs: None... I think I'm getting a few random contractions though
Belly Button in or out? Out/stretched into oblivion
What I miss: Sleeping on my back and belly, not being sore, having clothes that fit
What I am looking forward to:
Having an outside baby, nursery getting finished
Milestones: My placenta issues resolving, getting the childbirth preparation class under my belt (honestly makes me feel much better).

6 comments:

Amy V said...

WOW, he's adorable!! :D How awesome! :D So excited to meet him!

Amanda said...

What an awesome post! Very informative :) full of excitement too! Those are really good facial pics... mine wasn't that good when the lady "flipped the switch" for mine... maybe cause you're so much further along.... CRAZY! I mean, you got some CLEAR shots... like looking right at him! Can you tell in those if they have hair or not? Or no, because it would all be "matted" to their head anyways??.. anyways! Soooo happy your placenta moved up!... yay for moving placentas! :) Maybe see you tomorrow :) Nothing fits me either, so getting out of sweatpants to go somewhere is rare :) Congrats again on all the good news :)

Unknown said...

Amazing what they can do now. Wonderful photos! Orion is so cute already, imagine what he will look like in person!

Hope you are feeling well. The countdown has begun. Soon, very soon!! ~Love 'n hugs~ M & D

Katie said...

those 3d pictures are so cool, many of our friends have gotten them too and i'm always amazed at how detailed and clear they are.

can't believe how close its getting, yay!!

EllaJac said...

Wow, how neat! My corner of nowhere didn't have 3D pics back when I was of the 'ultrasounding' type. :)

So glad to hear the childbirth prep class was helpful! If you haven't it yet, The Womanly Art of Breastfeeding is a book I'd highly recommend. It was my lifeline during those early months nursing my first!

Michelle P said...

Wow, Rachel! Those pics were amazing! I never had that type of ultrasound, but they are so sweet! I can't wait to see him in person!