Monday, October 26, 2009

37 Weeks


Orion is the size of a watermelon. Oh. Maybe that's why it looks like I swallowed one...

How far along? 37 weeks even
Total weight gain/loss: +29 lbs. Eep! Almost to 30!

Maternity clothes? Running out of maternity shirts that fit. Sigh.
Sleep: So-so. Nathan has been sick with a cough so I thought that was keeping me up, but he slept great last night and I didn't so I don't know what's up.
Best moment this week: Getting the hospital bag packed and ready to go. Also, people (at stores and such) have been super nice to me this week :)
Movement: He's still in there alright. Sometimes his low punches seriously hurt!
Food cravings: None.
Food aversions: Mexican food (especially Chipotle)
Gender: BOY!
Labor Signs: None (They did an exam Thursday. No progress so far.)
Belly Button in or out? Out/stretched into oblivion
What I miss: Sleeping on my back and belly (and rolling over without a ridiculous amount of exertion), not being sore, having clothes that fit, my wedding rings
What I am looking forward to:
Having an outside baby, nursery getting finished (yes, still wall-less.....)
Milestones: FULL TERM. Holy cow. I can't believe it.
Also, my feet puffed up so much during church that I had to walk home barefoot. Joy.

**EDIT** After having trouble figuring out what to do about Orion's health care, I finally got it sorted out! Turns out my doctor can be his doctor too! All the financial quirks will even work out. And I don't even need to do any paperwork to sign him up- just call from the hospital after he's born. I feel very relieved :)

I can't believe how much I've grown in the past couple weeks! Pretty crazy.

8 comments:

Amanda said...

awwww... people are being nice to you too :) It's funny how that happens.. it's like.. at about 34 weeks or so, there's no denying that you ARE pregnant, so people are more comfortable to say things to you...or help you :)Cause anymore, so many people look pregnant and they're NOT, so I think people are always a little skiddish to say "when are you due?".. but I THINK you're there... :) And too cute (as I always say)... Hope the nursery starts coming along!... talk to you later :)

Michelle P said...

Soon you'll be able to cuddle that little watermelon! I'm so excited that he will be here soon! Hang in there :)

Amy V said...

Thank you so much for doing this blog and keeping us in the loop. :) It is so fun to know what's going on with your pregnancy! I hope they get the wall done for you soon!! Aren't you to the point where you could go into labor anytime?!?

Unknown said...

So glad the insurance and health care issue has resolved. God is good!

Sorry to say this but you are HUGE!!

Hope Orion isn't as big as your brothers were!

The time is very near!

Dee said...

Wow from an olive to a watermelon! I can't wait to see the little pumpkin when he gets here!!! I think not sleeping at night, is just God getting you prepared for getting up with baby during the night.

Unknown said...

Dee is right!

Sadie VK said...

I really don't think you're the type of person that will be offended by this, so I'm going to go ahead and say it; you are huge! Haha. Everyone keeps telling me I won't get big with my first baby, but if I'm anything like you, I better prepare myself! Haha. You seriously do look like you've swallowed a watermelon. Adorable! Think you can hold out til 11/11? That'd be pretty sweet. I'll even let you go a day early and do 11/10/09. ;-)

Rachel said...

Nope, totally not offended. I'd rather someone say I was huge than tiny... and yes, I'm still getting that sometimes (?!?). Yeah, some people told me I wouldn't get big either. Yeah, right. I think you'll get big too :)

I would love it if he was born on one of those days!! I really don't want to go much past the due date because it's so close to Thanksgiving, but I'm not going to kick him out earlier than I have to :P