Thursday, October 29, 2009

Progress!

This is what my nursery wall looked like when I left this morning...

And this is what it looks like now!

It's practically a real wall! I guess they need to do another layer of "mud," hang the door, finish the wiring, and hopefully put some kind of trim on, then we can get to painting! I think Monday was mentioned, so I don't know if that's the day it'll be finished or the next day they'll work on it. Whatever- I'm just really happy so see some major progress.

Nathan went to the doctor today after more than a week of coughing his lungs out, and was diagnosed with bronchitis. Hopefully the drugs they prescribed for him clear it up soon... he's very tired of feeling miserable.

I got to have a massage today (free with the classes we took at the hospital)! It was fabulous. I was so relaxed at the end that I felt like I was sleepwalking for the next hour. That was my first real massage... and now I want another.

Also had a doctor's appointment today. They didn't do an exam so I don't have any news there, but they did get the results from my Group B Strep test- negative! That's a good thing. Blood pressure and all that looked good, and my fundal height is still measuring exactly on track.

I'm looking forward to a big Babies R Us shopping trip within the next couple days- I've got a bunch of coupons to use for the rest of the things we need! Thank goodness for gift cards. Should be fun :)

I hope everyone is having a great week! Try to stay healthy!

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Poor Nathan! Hope the meds help quickly.

Hurrah for the wall!!

Have fun shopping.

Glad you are right on track, otherwise you'd be off the rails! (groan)

Melanie said...

Isn't that massage wonderful?? Is it still Gloria? Glad everything is still going well with the pregnancy. You look great! The nursery looks like it is coming along well.

Amanda said...

YAY! A wall! It guys have looks like you guys have a lot of room down there.. thats great :) Getting anxious!!!...your day is coming up soon!!!

Rachel said...

Yes, it was Gloria. She was fantaaaastic...

I know! He's going to born within the next month FOR SURE!

Amanda said...

in response to your question on my blog.... lol.. not only is it exactly like mine... it IS mine..lol.. I took those pics, and that is my door its hanging on.. haha... :) So yes.. it is... sorry! I'd say if ya love it go ahead and get it... but the boys will be in the same nursery all the time so it could be a bit confusing.. lol.. :) She can do that same style with differnt fabrics if you wanted... she sent me some other animal/polka dot combos that were really really cute.. maybe ask her to send you some samples online of those :)

Amy V said...

You are so close! I'm so excited for you!!! :) I'm looking forward to this week's post! :) The little baby pic on the timeline thing is very cute! (Sorry for all the exclamation points... :)I'm excited for you.)

Michelle P said...

I never had a massage while pregnant. I'll bet it was amazing :) I know you are so happy that you have a real wall now! It's good to have projects to keep you distracted from counting the days down!