Monday, November 2, 2009

38 Weeks, and Halloween!


On Halloween we walked to the little farmer's market across the street and got ourselves pumpkins for a dollar each! We both really like carving them :)

Nathan is a true pumpkin artiste. This year he carved Johnny Sweets, who is a chinchilla detective who loves cinnamon rolls.


I'm not quite that creative. I carved a creepy werewolf creature.


That night our church had its annual harvest festival, and it's a fun excuse to dress up. I painted faces for it, and Nathan tried his darndest to win us a cake in the cakewalk. Nathan, of course, was a Jedi. I was a pumpkin. You could say, The Great Pumpkin. Haha :) Don't know if you can tell, but I had leaves and twisty vines in my hair and drawn on my face.

Afterwords we went to Chipotle. Yes, I went to Chipotle. I didn't say I ATE it, but I went. Nathan got wind of a special deal where if you dress up like a Chipotle burrito on Halloween (or the 4th of July), you get a free burrito. How could we resist?! I gave mine to Grandma and got Wendy's for myself ;)

I love this picture!


+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+

How far along? 38 weeks even
Total weight gain/loss: +30 pounds. Yay me ;)

Maternity clothes? Of course
Sleep: So-so.
Best moment this week: Getting pretty much everything else we needed and getting some awesome deals, Seeing major progress on the nursery (I can start painting Wednesday!).
Movement: Oh yes. He's out of room and letting me know it.
Food cravings: We're going to say chocolate, Coca Cola, and Frozen Cokes. And chocolate sugar wafers. Not that I don't crave most of those things when not pregnant.
Food aversions: Mexican food (especially Chipotle)
Gender: BOY!
Labor Signs: None
Belly Button in or out? Stretched into oblivion
What I miss: Sleeping on my belly, being comfortable, having clothes that fit, my wedding rings
What I am looking forward to:
Having an outside baby, nursery getting finished
Milestones: I'm having a baby THIS MONTH.

A couple people told me I looked like I'd dropped this week, but I think I look exactly the same :P

10 comments:

becca said...

You make a cute pumpkin, and Nate's carved pumpkin is super awesome (as they always are)!

Add pizza and your food cravings sound like the Crusader production night menu.

Unknown said...

That shirt was the perfect pumpkin shirt! You both look great!

The foil hats are awesome! Wish I could have worn one.

I can't tell by the photo if you have dropped or not. Your belly has gotten so big it may be an optical illusion.

Won't be long though!!

Amanda said...

Ummm... have you realized that your prego ticker has only 13 days!? DAYS!? You could go anytime girl!!! AHHHH!!!.... and this was a very cute post... totally thought you were gonna say you ATE Chipotle....lol... believe me... after my 10 bites I took.. I am quite content to not eat it anytime in the near future!... :) Looking great!!

Melanie said...

You are one cute pumpkin! Great costume idea!!!

Amy V said...

AH! :D SO SOON!!! SO HAPPY!! :D

You two are so cute.

I think maybe NOW you aren't going to get any bigger... O:)

rachel said...

You're going to be a momma in just a few days!!!! Sure wish I could meet your little monkey right away. It'll have to wait until March though. *sigh* Your adorable!!! Also, this post really made me crave mexican food.

Sadie VK said...

Haha - great pumpkin costume!! You looked adorable. And I love the chipotle costumes! Haha. I can't believe you've kept that food aversion so long. I thought most aversions petered out around the beginning of the 2nd tri.

How am I going to know when you're in labor? You better text me or something!!

Michelle P said...

What a cute costume! And we did the Chipotle thing too. That burrito was WAY too big! Enjoy your last couple of weeks of being pregnant!

Unknown said...

Oh and the carved pumpkins are way cool!

Amy V said...

I realized while I was at work today... you are less than 2 weeks away from your due date!! Do you think he'll be on time?