Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Not quite

Week 4 day 2 of Couch-to-5K. Well, I still didn't finish, but I got closer this time. I ran 3, 5, 3, 1 (the goal is 3, 5, 3, 5). So better, but still not quite there. We'll just let this step take two weeks instead of one. I hurt.

Here are the stats:
Current weight: 135
Goal weight: 115
Weight lost this week: 0.6
Total weight lost: 5
Pounds left 'til goal: 20

I'm surprised I didn't gain any weight back this week since I ate out a few times. Only 20 pounds to go! ;)

4 comments:

Unknown said...

The couch-to-5k chart is only a guideline, the real goal is to increase your fitness and maybe lose a few pounds in the process. Remember your body is also still recovering from childbirth as well as producing milk for Orion so it shouldn't be a huge surprise that it's been hard to keep up with the program. A few muscle aches are to be expected but if the pain you mentioned is more than that it may be your body's way of telling you you're trying to do too much too fast and that it may be a good idea to cut back workout intensity a bit until your pain goes away. Really, it's no big deal if it takes a few extra weeks to reach your fitness goal. Trust me, you DO NOT get extra points for following the couch-to-5k chart exactly!
love - dad

Rachel said...

Thanks :)

Sadie VK said...

Wow! 5 pounds already! Way to go! Although I'm kind of depressed by how painful it still is for you. I don't know if I'll possess the determination that you do when my time comes . . .

rachel said...

I think your doing great so far!! Keep up your hard work. Even if you don't finish the couch to 5k in the time that they say you should, your still working out which is the important part. Go you!!